Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thankful 30-#20, 21, 22

Free turkeys

On Friday, Zak got an email stating that all employees should be in the parking lot at 3PM to pick up their turkeys. As a result, he surprised me that afternoon with a 16 pound turkey.
How romantic. Flowers are so overrated.

I just hope this doesn't count as his Christmas bonus.

USPS Carrier Pickup

If you own a shop or ship packages a lot and don't use carrier pickup, you are missing out.
It has been a life-saver for me.
And a sanity-saver.
No waiting in line or chasing obnoxious, bored kids around the post office.
I just pay online, print shipping labels, and leave the packages at my front door.
VOILA!
Heaven.

A fixed sewing machine

It was nice to be thankful for a broken sewing machine,
but I am much more grateful for a working one.


Speaking of which, I am teaching a (FREE!) sewing class this week!
We'll be making ruffled scarves (or scarflettes) from old t-shirts!

There are lots of tutorials for scarves online, but this one is different. And so much easier!
Even if you are a sewing virgin, you can do this project!!
No need to own a machine, there will be plenty to share.

Tuesday, November 22nd-7PM
My house (Lehi, UT)

If you live in the area and would like to attend, please let me know and I will send you directions.
Email me-bethanycr{at}gmail{dot}com or leave a comment.

And I'll be posting a tutorial later this week in case you can't come or don't live close.

3 comments:

Erica said...

Ah Man! You are making my Beth home sick. Wish I could join you.
Erica

hillari said...

Wishing I was in the neighborhood to drop by for your sewing night...sounds fun. Of course, we don't actually wear scarves around these parts either...

Mandi said...

Love those scarves!

Related Posts with Thumbnails