Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Token FIRST DAY Post

Jakson's first day of pre-school started out something like this:
Get into bed to cuddle with mommy and Storey.
Hit Storey.
Make Storey cry.
Try to shove Storey off of bed.
Throw a tantrum because he can't wear his tool pajama pants all day.
Bonk Storey on the head with her doll because he can't wear his tool pajama pants all day.
Stand in time out.
Fall on the floor because mommy won't let him have a cookie for breakfast.
Finally give in and eat banana bread instead.
Kick Storey for attempting to touch his banana bread.

It was at this point that I realized, he was really going to miss us.
And I needed a break.

It was time to load everyone up in the car.
But first, the obligatory standingatthefrontdoorfirstdayofschool picture.
Jakson's enthusiasm for this rite of passage was astounding.That is the face of a child brimming with excitement.This is when I got desperate and asked him to yell "Hooray!"
His passion for school is almost tangible, isn't it?
Apparently he is done having his picture taken.
So much for documenting milestones.

Thankfully, things got much better once we got to school.
Meaning I got to drop him off and was the parent of only one child for 2.5 blissful hours.
Just kidding.....kind of (hey, with a morning like that, wouldn't you be feeling that way?).

I was a little afraid he would freak out.
Kids do weird things sometimes.
But, he hung up his backpack and ran to play.
I waved goodbye, but he just looked at me like "Are you still here? Leave already!"
He didn't wave back.
I was hurt for a minute.
But then I realized he was probably still angry about that darn cookie.

So I went home and ate it.
That'll teach him.

When I picked him up, I asked how he did.
The teacher told me he had a little trouble listening.
No!! My son?!?
Ha. Little does she know.
Look! He's making friends!!
It's a Christmas miracle!

10 comments:

Megan said...

Yay!!! I am glad that he didn't totally freak out when you dropped him off...I guess he just decided to go crazy all morning instead. Can't wait to see you guys in a few days.

Sabrina said...

Yay for Jak! And for mommy getting time with only one child. This is a win-win for everyone!

Lisa said...

Yeah for a great first day! He is a cutie!

KatieB said...

there is no way to ever predict how a preschool morning will go... i'm glad the drop-off was so tame. i hope it stays that way. enjoy your 2.5 hours!

hillari said...

Yay for Jak and for you! That's great that he did so well...after his rough start to the day, of course.

Shenna said...

I love the "hooray" picture, and I am SO glad he is making friends! It looks like such a fun little school for him!

Lisa & Gerald said...

Glad to hear your day got better..Its nice to have some mommy time too..Believe me..lol
Enjoy....

Clyde J Criddle said...

You just started a new phase in each of your lives. Congrats. Give him a big hug from Grandpa!

Mandi said...

I like the way you've documented this milestone...too funny!

Maren said...

That is the funniest thing I've read all day! I seriously just called Nate in here so I could read it to him. So funny, and a great story to tell throughout the coming years (and to his future wife!). And the pictures are awesome - so full of Jakson's funny personality. :) Love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails