Thursday, September 03, 2009

Looking forward to those family pictures

I now know why three year olds don't normally lose teeth.
They just don't get it.
Not the tooth fairy. Not the new hole in their mouth. Not the whole dental chair experience.
None of it.

Oh, the drama.

I know last you heard we were hoping that the tooth would essentially heal itself.
The dentist gave us an 80% chance.
But, as a Vermillion, Jakson can't do anything according to statistics
(if you know the family medical history, you are fully aware of this)
His tooth remained wiggly.
Then it started turning gray.
A good look for skirts, not so much for the mouth.
Infection was not far behind.
So, on Tuesday, out it came.

There were lots and lots of tears.
Jakson has gotten up two nights in a row sobbing for his baby teeth.
"No big boy teeth! Baby tooth!"
The tooth fairy came and went, leaving behind her goods.
Well, a quarter of her goods.
She's a big spender 'round these parts.

Jakson also doesn't understand quarters.
He threw it on the ground, screaming again for his little lost tooth.
I hope I won't have to deal with this again for a few years.

In the meantime, I'm definitely going to teach him about money.
And that quarters are a lot cooler than some dumb old gray tooth.

At least we got cake out of it.
Seriously, how could I allow an occasion like this go without cake?
Any excuse.Speaking of excuse, I really don't have one for how ugly the tooth cake is.
Don't be jealous of my mad cake decorating skills.
Did you even realize it was a tooth?
Art was never one of my strong points.And yes, that's a match burning on the cake.
We ran out of candles.
This is the part where we sang "happy birthday" to Jakson's tooth.
You're right. It makes no sense.
But Jakson insisted.

14 comments:

[AnnieR] said...

This post is amazing for so many reasons.

KatieB said...

maybe the tooth fairy can leave a prize next time :)

Sabrina said...

I love the tooth cake! I also love the fact that Jak will sing happy birthday to his tooth but will refuse to have it sung to him! Hillarious!

MeganL said...

Absolutely hilarious!

Lisa said...

Sweet cake (haha) ...

Maybe you could get him some of those fake teeth to wear. Poor kid. I'd probably miss a body part

edith said...

I am laughing so hard, I will fall off the chair. Happy tooth day, Jakson.

Gina said...

I'll bet that cake tasted great with all that ice cream you have in your freezer now. Yum.

Shenna said...

Whatever mood you were in when you wrote this post, its great. Very funny - I needed a good laugh today. Sorry it was at your family's expense, and I am sorry Jak is so sad that his tooth is gone. Maddi has a check-up on the 30th of this month, and there is a very large chance she will be gassed just to get her teeth cleaned. That's how much she's loved the dentist so far.

bethany said...

Shenna-are you trying to say that I sound grumpy in most of my posts? :)

bethany said...

I'll bet the mood was a result of the leftover tooth cake I ate for breakfast. Yum.

FamilyKolbaba said...

How am I the first person to make a comment about his hair? Gaping tooth holes aside, is that a rat tail? I guess you should limit the kid to one traumatic experience a month, but still.....

You know you miss me :)

Veronica said...

That cake is so white trash with it's match "candle"!! Ha ha ha I love it!

Jen and Reed said...

I'm jealous that your kid is so darn hilarious. You cake skills are mad. I totally did not know it was a tooth until I realized it was a cake and remembered the comment Jenny made on your facebook post about it. Then it totally looks like a tooth. How thoughtful of everyone to honor Jakson's skirt-like tooth.

Catherine said...

Beth your whole blog made me laugh! Well except the part where your poor little guy had to loose his tooth and was so sad about it but I loved your tooth cake and the 25 cents from the tooth fairy will be a story to laugh about later down the road! I enjoy your blog so much! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails