Friday, September 25, 2009

Favorites on Friday

1. Hulu
Did you know that Charade is now playing on Hulu? Cary Grant + Audrey Hepburn=winning combination. A classic whodunit.2. Gap Curvy Jeans
I hate jean shopping. Frankly, at this stage in my life I kind of hate shopping period. Inevitably I have to drag the children along and they lose it after about 3 minutes. Just not worth it. But on a rare outing out by myself, I picked up these Gap Curvy jeans at Savers. I. love. them. They actually fit without squeezing me in one area or another. Finally, a pair of jeans for people with big butts!In case you hadn't guessed, that is not me in the picture. Shocking, I know.

3. Crock Pot Chicken Taco Meat-so good! so easy!
-2 chicken breasts
-3 T taco seasoning
-1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis
-3/4 cup water
-1/4 cup cream cheese

Place all ingredients in crockpot and cook on low for 4-6 hours (or high for 2.5 hours). Add cream cheese 1/2 hour before serving. Shred chicken in crockpot with fork and serve on tortillas or in taco shells with favorite toppings (cheese, lettuce, sour cream). You can even double the recipe and freeze the leftovers in a ziploc bag.
Recipe adapted from Recipezaar

4. Custom orders
My friend Sabrina requested a birthday banner for her daughter and matching tabletop pennants.
I love the fabrics she chose and the centerpiece idea! Custom banner and pennant posted as a set in the shop. One of my favorite sewing projects so far!

5. Zak's handyman skills
After reading all of the comments about the door frame and cover up project, Zak remarked that it's a lot harder to execute my ideas than come up with them in the first place. And he's right. So, as a thank you, Zak, this one's for you.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I had to laugh at your BIG BUTT comment. They never tell you that after you have a baby you will end up with a big butt as well. SO glad you found a pair of pants that work. I may just have to go try some of those on!

bethany said...

I definitely was sporting the big butt before I had children. It's been a life-long problem.

Shenna said...

Dr. Horrible's sing along blog = one of Jeff's favorite things. Great job on the custom order - it turned out really cute!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails