Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The search is over

After many hours of agonizing over Jakson's potty training "issues" and his (slash my) desire to go to preschool, I finally prayed that I would be able to find someone who would take him despite his diaper laden bum.

I spent hours looking at preschools online, visiting teachers, calling for information.
Many teachers (understandably) won't take an untrained child and when I finally did find one that would, the preschool situation didn't seem like a good fit for Jak.
I was feeling discouraged and he was feeling lonely.

But today the search ended.
I met Zak at lunch (so nice that he's close enough to do that now!!) and we went to tour another facility.
It is a perfect match.
It's close enough that if he does have an accident, I can be there in just a couple of minutes, it's within our budget and it seems like an organized, happy place to learn.

What a relief.
It might sound silly, but this is an incredibly big deal for us, especially since we are all having a hard time adjusting.
He'll make friends, interact, learn structure, take turns, and grow.
I know this will make his adjustment so much easier.

Such a blessing.

9 comments:

Stacy said...

I so know what you mean. We moved here in May and I never could find a good place for Ainsley to go. Oh well. I am so glad it makes them so happy to go to preschool. I think that it is so cute.

Mandi said...

Yay! Jakson's gonna love it!

Diana Hawkins said...

Congratulations! Glad you found a good fit for Jakson. I'm having a hard time adjusting too, and we only moved to Buckeye. I didn't think I'd feel so far away. Glad this worked out for your family.

Shenna said...

Hooray! I'm glad you guys found something.

Audra Bollard said...

This is huge. I lost a lot of sleep researching and worrying about pre-schools, but it's worth it when it all works out. Congrats!

Holly North said...

I'm glad it worked out. If only Natalie were so lucky. . . .

Covey and Justin said...

Oh--He'll have so much fun!! I am so glad you found a place YOU are comfortable with! That's what makes the biggest difference.

Sabrina said...

That is awesome. Praise the Lord for such an incredible blessing. It will be great for all of you.

Lisa & Gerald said...

Oh I think he will do great..That's a great way for you to meet other moms too...Best of luck...

Related Posts with Thumbnails