Friday, August 28, 2009

Favorite Things Friday

I don't know if I'm going to do this every Friday, but it keeps me thinking about things I love instead of how many dirty diapers I've changed lately or how much weight I've gained--so maybe when I need a pick me up.

In that case, it could definitely be a weekly thing.

Yes, I change THAT many diapers.

Disclaimer: Before they get offended, I am not listing my husband or children (or my mother) because they are not NEW favorite things. Don't worry Zak, you are up there on the list of "all time favorites"-I'd say at least top 5.

So here goes. This week's top three (new) favorite things.

1. Chalkboard spray paint.
That miracle can turned this ugly Goodwill find that I hid away in a closet......
into this!!
Not quite Pottery Barnesque (those plastic chairs would NEVER grace the pages of a PB catalogue), but close and 1/20th the price.

Just in case you're curious, I didn't sand anything. Just sprayed the legs and edges white first, let it dry. Then taped everything off and sprayed the top with the chalkboard paint.

2. Vintage Dress Patterns
My sister-in-law Megan is getting married in a couple of weeks and I have yet to find a dress in the wedding colors that costs less than $80. This jobless-for-three-months family can't afford such luxuries right now, so I've decided to attempt to whip something up for myself using a TBD vintage dress pattern.

This could be interesting.

So, if you see me at Megan's wedding wearing what looks like a potato sack, chances are, that's what it is. And you will know that my dress making experiment went terribly wrong. Dang Project Runway always makes me more ambitious than I really ought to be

During my search, I came across Stephanie's blog Barefoot in the Kitchen, where I found that she will actually MAKE you a dress from a 1968 pattern for only $75!! Custom Dress + Vintage Pattern? Where could that possibly go wrong?!? See details here.3. Happy babies riding horsesDefinitely a NEW favorite because frankly I'm not a fan of horses....or dogs....or cats. You could say I'm not a real animal lover. I don't kick them as I walk by, but my eyes don't well with tears every time Oprah talks about her pets.

You're right. I also don't watch Oprah-I just know she has some sort of obsession with her dogs.

Anything that makes my baby this happy though....

4 comments:

Veronica said...

You found that table at Goodwill?? It is so cute! I am a huge fan of the Krylon myself :) And that dress is way too cute. And I can't belive how modest it is. Oh, and I can't stand Oprah.

Lisa said...

LOVE the chalkboard paint and that's a great idea. The dress is oh so cute!

Megan said...

Yay!!! Seriously, that dress is soooo cute. I am totally excited that you found that dress and you will totally look amazing. I can't wait to see you and the kids in a couple of weeks. You can bring Zak along too, I guess it will be nice to see him too.

bethany said...

Just to clarify-I didn't order one of the dresses from her. I'm too poor for things like custom dresses. Just love it and want to pass the love to others (possibly with more spending money).

Related Posts with Thumbnails