Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Everyone needs a little aqua

I went a little crazy with the spray paint. Once I got started, I just couldn't stop painting things. I kept coming back into the house to search out something else that desperately needed a layer of aqua.

My victims:
This ugly side table(?) that we found at Goodwill for $3 or so and brought home to use as a TV cart. It was ugly from the start, but I never got around to doing anything about it. Until now.

U-G-L-Y, you ain't got no alibiSo this is love....
It actually even looks better than that in real life, but the lighting in the play room is awful. Just trust me on this one. Or come visit.

Since I was on a rampage with the can, I tackled another forest green projectRemember those green plastic chairs? I told you in an earlier post that I was going to change their look, but some of you doubted the spray paint. Behold its power! So fresh and so clean, clean!

On another related topic, we taped up the paper wall. I may feel differently when naughty little hands start tearing it down, but for now, I love it. The color scheme involves aqua, thus it is a related topic. I think my favorite part is that it looks kind of like a patchwork quilt on the wall. Only cheaper. Much, much cheaper. And those Pottery Barn lounge chairs that normally cost $300? We got them for $20 thanks to the Down East Outlet Clearance Center (not just an outlet, but an outlet CLEARANCE center!!). Boo-ya!

12 comments:

Kerry said...

Awesome, Beth!! I love all that you've done with your new home! I'm loving all the aqua and your patchwork quilt-looking wall! Greatness!

Shenna said...

Everything looks amazing!!! Love the wall!

j&krosser said...

The wall turned out great!! Sorry we were not there to finish it. But the drop cookies and stories and were well worth the visit.__Jaden

edith said...

Beth, the wall turned out great!! Neat idea, might have to steal it from you. LOL. Enjoy your new old furniture.

Sabrina said...

The room looks awesome! I LOVE the aqua spray paint.

Veronica said...

You've completely inspired me. I've been searching the ads around here for some new shelves and stuff and I'm all about the spray paint! I love that shade of aqua. It would look great with something bright red!

As for the wall, it looks awesome. But let us know how you keep kids from destroying it!

FamilyKolbaba said...

So, I've been wanting to re-finish the old solid wood computer desk we have. (It was Nate's grandpa's, so I don't think we'll be going the aqua spray paint route). But surely you have other ideas? The wood kind of has a glossed finish, would a faux finish spray work on it ya think? You thought moving a state away would free you from my nagging for advice? Think again!

Kim @ Everything Etsy said...

I love the colors...great job! My house is colorful and I think it makes it look like a happier place!

Two thumbs up on your bargin hunting skills! :-)

Kim

Jen and Reed said...

You're very creative with your using others ideas. :) It was nice to talk to you too. Sorry we couldn't make it by. Maybe later on.

Lisa & Gerald said...

Hi there..I found your blog thu ginger..She posted the link to your sunday dress...Im from St.Thomas Ont Canada..Best of luck with your new home..I hope everything goes great for ya..Love the aqua crazy thing looks great...Hope you have a great day...Hugs

bethany said...

Thanks for the nice compliments guys!! :)

mikbeth said...

Ooh! I just got a bench out of a neighbor's trash yesterday. Hooray for free stuff! (Mike usually shakes his head in embarassment as I'm looking at other people's stuff on the side of the road) And I'm totally feeling the aqua spray paint!! Ooh, what a happy color!

Related Posts with Thumbnails