Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Things

  1. Technically, we still don't have internet access, although sometimes if I sit in a corner of the living room, with the computer angled a certain way, I'm able to pick up a signal from a neighbor (so neighborly of them). The internet man is taking his sweet time. I've been assured that TODAY is the DAY.
  2. I think I am now known as the "crazy new girl." After the first Sunday when no one spoke to me at church, I resolved to make the first move. Unfortunately it feels a little like dating all over again. And I am just as picky. I need a mother who has a child Jakson's age. But apparently, here in Utah, the unwritten rule is "do not speak unless spoken to". I've gotten a lot of crazy looks. The things mothers do for their children.
  3. My friend Bridget (from college days) and I have decided to set up a little booth this weekend at the Provo Farmer's Market. I'm going to sell pouch sling kits and little skirts ( I'll also be taking a couple of Zak's platters) and she sells adorable bows and clippies (like the ones Storey always wears). I'm excited for the change of pace.
  4. Speaking of Storey, she's going to be one in just a couple of weeks. And she is walking more than crawling now. Wasn't she just a newborn?!?
  5. Jakson is still not adjusting well, but he's making do with a daily dose of a Blue's Clue's DVD we checked out from the library. Who needs real friends when you have Blue and Joe the man-boy?!?
  6. In case you care, (probably not, but this is my blog, dang it.) I've made the executive decision to decorate a wall in the loft/playroom like this:Yes, that is scrapbooking paper. And if it's not a total disaster, when I finish I'll post a lovely picture. This rental needs some (non-permanent) color! Stole the idea from here.

15 comments:

~Melissa~ said...

It is crazy our girls are 1!
I am sorry no one talked to you at church. That is a sad thing :(
I LOVE that idea to decorte the wall. So cool. You must post a pic when you do it.
Miss you!

Carter asked for Jak again on Sunday :(

Bridget said...

I love the wall, I wish I would have come across that idea a few years ago!

I try to say "hi" first where ever I go when we move and I used to get the same response until I kept doing it, then they realize you aren't such a freak (well me anyway) but just being nice. Good luck!

Megan said...

I can't believe that Storey is almost one!! That is crazy. Ilove the Farmer's Market idea and maybe I will come and check you out. I think Kiefer and I are going up to Utah this weekend for my birthday. It is between going to the mountains or going to the beach. I still haven't decided....so hopefully I get to see you this weekend and come check out the new house.

Amanda said...

Those girls must have been intimidated by your beauty and many talents. I love the playroom idea.

edith said...

love that colorful wall! what a great idea! hope the stand at the market is a hit! i am sure it will be.

Kerry said...

#2. I'm so sorry! I know how that goes and it's uncomfortable and a little bit heart breaking. I hope someone speaks up soon!! They're missing out by not.
#4. Happy almost birthday to, Storey!!
#6. I'm IN LOVE. I'm sure it'll turn out great!

Stacy said...

Welcome to Utah, not the friendliest place ever. It takes so long here to make friends. Everyone seems to already have their group and are not very interested in adding members. Hang in there... or move next to me I will love you and you can come hang out in your PJ's all day while the kids play.

KatieB said...

hang in there beth. you'll find your bosom buddy soon!

Anne said...

So what's to prevent Jakson from pulling the pages off the wall?

Spjut Family said...

too bad for the slow start making friends. i feel bad when people have an "unfriendly" beginning. cole is storeys age, but if you want a play date, give me a call.

cece said...

I made a comment on Sabrina's last post for you :)

Shenna said...

Hopefully things have gotten a little better! I love the decoration idea...I may have to steal yet another great idea that you have. And, 1?? Already? My, my, where does time go? We sure miss you here!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

I love that playroom! I'm dying to do a wall like that. I found your blog while hunting down a tutu tutorial. Yours is fabulous! I would love to link to it if you didn't mind!

North Family Arizona said...

The wall is really cool. If I have another girl I'll definitely do that to the nursery walls. Of course I'm not having any more kids. But then I had a migraine and felt nauseous and Phil was like, "Gosh, maybe you're pregnant," said with a chuckle and then we locked eyes that were distinctly filled with sheer terror. But we're going to Disneyland together in October so no, I'm not pregnant. I think it is just the kids we already have that make me nauseous. And I really like your wall. Very cool.

Mandi said...

I love the idea of a scrapbook paper wall...go for it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails