Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Make It Modest

A few weeks ago, my friend Holly asked me to lengthen a few of her dresses with a ruffle or band around the bottom. After tossing around a few ideas, I decided to try out a little sewing experiment in her honor. It's a sewing project that I've been meaning to try out forever and Holly's request gave me the motivation I needed to get it done.

So, using an existing slip and some eyelet lace, I made a slip designed to add length to dresses/skirts (kind of like a Shade, just for dresses). It's cheaper than altering every dress (because it is interchangeable) and looks really cute under Holly's dresses. I was so happy with it, that I added it to the shopMeet the Make It Modest Slip here.

5 comments:

j&krosser said...

How smart!! What a good idea.
Oh and on the last post, glad to know I don't have the only toothless child.

FamilyKolbaba said...

you need to add to this idea, like I mentioned before....I'm sure you can think up all sorts of cool hemlines made of different fabrics. Then sell your idea to the shade stores!

MaryAnne said...

Cute and versatile, I love it!

Stacy said...

Ok really!! How do you come up with all these things? LOVING IT. I am 5 10 so you can imagine this might be a trouble I have frequently. I really think you should come move next door to me. True destiny.

The Dominguez Family said...

What a good idea....

Related Posts with Thumbnails