Monday, June 08, 2009

Out of town

This past weekend, we drove up to Snowflake (northeast AZ) to visit my grandma. Two things the trip made me realize:

1. My children are not fun to road trip with. If Storey starts to cry, Jakson screams along with her. Just.for.fun.

Fun for him, not so fun for us.

2. I'm glad that Jakson isn't potty trained. We only stopped only once and it wasn't to use the bathroom. Instead it was to take in the amazing view.
And apparently let Jakson hone his climbing skills.


While we were in Snowflake, Jakson was able to become acquainted with a few of the local horses. The encounter didn't begin all that well--Jak stuck his finger up the horse's nostril upon being introduced, but by the end, he was kissing the horse and proclaiming, "I love you too."
Storey was happier keeping her distance.

6 comments:

Clyde J Criddle said...

Nope, if I was a horse, I wouldn't want Jakson's finger up my nose either.

Sabrina said...

That sounds like a nice break for you guys...well, the visit, not the actual car ride. Jakson and his climbing crack me up- that is only because he is not my child...bless you.

edith said...

Sounds like a nice trip. Nice to see all your smiley faces.

KatieB said...

If I ever saw life size lincoln logs I would climb them too.

Jen and Reed said...

Hey...how are things going with Zak's job? I heard you were moving to Utah and then the job fell through. What now? We are praying for you both.

Looks like a fun trip to Grandma's. How is she? Does she still think I'm mad at her?

Mandi said...

Sound like a fun weekend...minus the screaming. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails