Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Art Corner

I created a little art corner/kids table for Jakson about six months ago out of some things we had laying around---a wooden step ladder, the top of an old coffee table, leftover peg board for displaying art and a magnetic metal cabinet door from the IKEA "as-is section".

I've been taking it apart little by little-sadly. More memories to leave behind in this house. I hope that there will be room in our next house for a similar corner. It has been perfect for displaying Jakson's masterpieces and working on "school" activities. All of the kids who eat at our house are banished to the table to eat as well.

It's good at multitasking (and doesn't mind a little dirt).

The step ladder before:
After a coat of Leaf Green paint:

Those ugly green chairs? Perfect size, but hideous. Our eventual plan is take them apart and spray paint the seats some amazing, fun color. Suggestions?

5 comments:

Veronica said...

That corner is such a cute idea! I'd be sad too taking it all apart :(

Mandi said...

I LOVE this! You are so creative.

Seth and Peggy said...

I think the green chairs are awesome the way they are! Wouldn't paint just chip off? Well you are so crafty and smart you already know the answer to that and how to prevent it.

bethany said...

I think if I use a spray paint intended for plastic-I should be good!! Well, I hope.

Momma Snail said...

I love this! We have a lot of that same stuff from IKEA in our house. I am working on making little desk areas for both of my kis and this is inspiring. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails