Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Upside Down

16 days ago Zak was laid off.
And our lives were turned upside down.

Thankfully, we have felt the Lord's hand, as we have moved into the dark unknown of this journey.
What He wants for us is definitely not what we would have chosen for ourselves.
The direction we're going would have been one of our last choices, but we are letting ourselves be led by Him.

As we have prayed and given our situation over to the Lord, the path has become obvious.

Zak has applied to over 60 firms at this point.
Phoenix-over 20
Texas-over 35
Utah-less than 10

He has heard back from
Phoenix-0 (he's heard back from quite a few, they are just all laying off)
Texas-2
Utah-4

Two of the 4 he's heard back from in Utah have turned into interviews and then into verbal offers.
The jobs are EXACTLY what he wants to be doing and for more pay that he was receiving before he was laid off.
Can you see where our road is leading us?

Definitely not our first choice.
Or our second.
But, I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord.

11 comments:

[AnnieR] said...

That's wonderful news about the job. Bummer it's in Utah but you won't have to live there forever. Just long enough for "Oh my heck!" to creep into Jakson and Storey's vernacular.

Jenny said...

Beth that is so exciting! 2 offers! The Lord does work in His own way. I never wanted to end up here in Texas and here we are.... I am so excited for you and I wish you all the best! Keep us posted!

Covey and Justin said...

I am excited for the offers! Its good that you are trusting the Lord in all of this. I am sure he will lead you in the right directions.

Amanda said...

I was so hoping you might end up back in H-town, but that is so great that Zak already has some offers. I'm sorry you have to leave your home though! Maybe Utah will end up being a really fun adventure for y'all. BTW, I got my package yesterday and Jackson LOVES his cape. Thanks!

Stacy said...

I found your cute blog from Gina's. So I stalk and look at all the cute things you make. We are in UT and I know you feel. It is way down on my list as well. But there are some things that are nice and we need more people that don't love it here to even out the score a bit. Let me know if you need any help with the move or anything. I am guessing you are a fellow Texan and we have to stick together!! Here is my email if you need help finding a place to live or anything. slynweaver@gmail.com

Erica said...

You have got amazing faith! I am exctied about the job prospects and sad with the idea that you might be leaving.

Kerry said...

Congrats on 2 job offers! Amazing!! : ) Totally agree that Utah is not the first choice, but it's beautiful and cooler than AZ and TX; that's a plus!
Congrats again! I know we both know that the Lord knows best. Excited to see what's ahead for you four! xoxo

Audra Bollard said...

Congrats on scoring some offers so quickly! This is really, really good news. Just repeat in your mind: Cafe Rio, Cafe Rio, Cafe Rio.

Spjut Family said...

Wow, that is awesome. Sorry about having to move away from your family. But hey, Utah's not too bad... right???? When you get here, we will have to get together.

Diana Hawkins said...

Sounds pretty much like how we ended up in Phoenix. Of the fifty states, Arizona wouldn't have made my top 40. But we were definitely led here, and have been blessed as a result. Good for you for listening and following, though we'll definitely miss you!

Katrine said...

We just moved to Utah 3 months ago. It's not too bad. Maybe we'll be neighbors!

Related Posts with Thumbnails