Monday, May 25, 2009

Chocolate Therapy

Being unemployed has introduced Zak to the joys of feeting (eating your feelings, known from here on out as feeting). Baking seems to relieve stress (and so does eating the baked goods). The idea that I was going to lose weight from the stress was a figment of my imagination. Instead I think I've gained about 10 pounds. Soon people are going to ask me if I'm pregnant again. This time I'll be giving birth to a chocolate chip cookie.

I decided Saturday night as the Kitchenaid was whirring that I'm going to have a signature dessert when we move. A dessert that I'm known for, remembered by. People will want to be my friend because of its goodness.

And as long as you promise to let me have my glory if I move in next door to you, I'll share the recipe.

Anyone have a house next door for rent? I'd love to move in.Chocolate Bars
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
2 eggs
4 cups oatmeal
2 cups flour
1 tps baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
Cream butter and sugars, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in rest and mix well. Spread 2/3 of this mixture in the bottom of a jelly roll pan.

Melt together:
1/2 cup butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk
12 oz chocolate chips
Spread melted mixture over top of oatmeal layer in pan. Sprinkle the leftover oatmeal mixture on top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Thanks Jeannette!! (the recipe sharer)

7 comments:

Shenna said...

There are lots of houses in my neighborhood that you can move into! I'll have to try this out sometime because it looks delicious.

Adam and Melissa said...

I love those chocolate bars!!! So good. And you do not look pregnant!

Leanna said...

those bars are the best!

Amanda said...

That looks delicious! I may have to try making some!

Jenny said...

Oh that looks sinful! I will have to make it this weekend. Chocolate is my stress reliever too. Hey did you ever submit your pattern to youcanmakethis.com? It would at least be another venue for you! soon this will all be over and you'll look back and see how much you have grown spiritually and together, and you will then be able to take life's next curve ball!

Baldwin's in Utah said...

Yummos! That's a sweet idea about starting a new neighborhood with a dessert! I like it!
And there's a few for rent in our neighborhood too. It's about 5 min straight south from Zak's parents old BBQ stand.

Matt & Brooke said...

I'll be your friend with that recipe AND let you move in next to me...lots to rent down here-come on down. I failed to see how many jobs Zak applied for in cali! Just an oversight i'm sure:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails