Friday, April 10, 2009

Mark your calendars

I get comments and questions from skeptics all the time.
"Oh, I can't make that because I can't sew."
You CAN'T sew or you DON'T sew?
Because frankly, if you can drive a car, then you can run a sewing machine. I know, the secrets out.
"I'm not creative enough" isn't an excuse either because that's what patterns are for.

Sewing is often cheaper (Storey's Easter dress cost me 50 cents!), cuter, and more fulfilling.
Wouldn't it be fun to wear something you, yourself made!?!

Put away your excuses because April 30th is the first of a series of sewing classes I will be hosting.
We're going to be making a simple woman's swimsuit coverup/dress or little girl's sundress similar to the dress below--your choice!Sewing machines will be provided for those who don't own one.

If you live in the area, come! Invite your friends and neighbors!
Experienced seamstresses are invited too!
Sewing is a skill everyone can use (and so is a bathing suit cover in this heat).
Thursday, April 30th. 7PM. Be there.

For a materials list and more information, email me at bethanycr{at}gmail{dot}com

4 comments:

green girl said...

so weird. I was just thinking those exact same things about sewing: anyone can do it, etc. Crazy.

Annette said...

Yea! I can use a machine, but fight it the whole time!!! Something (usually bobbin) goes wrong with every little stitch. Okay, not really, but I'm excited for your class that you'll be posting about.

FamilyKolbaba said...

I say this with all the love in the world: I hope I will be unavailable to make it :) But that's totally unrelated to whether or not I would enjoy it, I just want to be busy.....ya know. Anyhow, if I don't come I do offer my sewing machine if you would like an extra.

bethany said...

Having a baby? What kind of excuse is that?!?

Related Posts with Thumbnails