Thursday, April 16, 2009

Just in case you're counting ('cause I am)

We are currently on Diarrhea Day Twenty.
The pediatrician decided this morning that Storey needs to visit a pediatric gastroenterologist, as well as have a series of blood tests to test for Celiac among other things.
Oh goody.

As you can imagine, Storey also is suffering from chronic diaper rash. Not even the prescription rash cream can touch it. So, the doctor gave me her recipe for Magic Diaper Cream-she claims it works miracles.
I'm in need of one of those right now.

The magic recipe:
Equal parts of....
-Vaseline or Aquaphor
-Maalox liquid (plain or vanilla)
-Lotrimin AF Cream
-1 % Hydrocortisone Cream
You can use the store brand rather than the brand name. Mix together until consistency of regular diaper rash cream. Store in an airtight container (no need to refrigerate).

7 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Oh I'm sorry, this sounds like no fun!

I hope they find out what the problem is soon. Poor baby girl, I hope that diaper rash cream works...

Reese said...

Poor little bum (I don't mean that Storey's a bum, you know what I mean... :) ) I had the 24 hour flu the other day and could barely handle one day of the runs, let alone 20! Poor poor girl. Hope the Magic ointment works for her!

FamilyKolbaba said...

That is the least appetizing recipe you have ever posted on your blog.

She seems to be a cheerful little thing, though, despite her rear issues :)

[AnnieR] said...

Mmmm...sounds delicious. Maybe I'll whip some up for dinner tonight.

I used that exact recipe on Ruby and it worked after awhile, so I hope you have good results.

Poor little Storey. Kids shouldnt have serious illnesses they just shouldnt. I hope its nothing serious and easily fixable ill be praying for her. Keep us posted.

North Family Arizona said...

ooooh goodie! custom diaper rash cream!

Phil

lynette said...

nothing is worse than diaper rash and diarrhea. wesley got it really bad about a year ago and my doctor said that diaper rash is a bacteria and the only way to actually get rid of it is to kill the bacteria--ointments only soothe it. she said to wash the rash with antibacterial soap every time to change the diaper. it will make your baby scream, but it really works--it was gone in a day. just thought i'd share what works for me just in case your magic ointment doesn't do the trick.
take care!

Amanda said...

A friend of mine with 4 kids told me about some stuff you can get at the drug store called Acidophilus. If you've had some intestinal distress, it can help get you normal again. I don't know if it would help Storey, but it might be worth trying. I googled it and found this link:
http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/T080400.asp
I hope she gets better soon! Y'all have a good weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails