Friday, April 03, 2009

He hears me

It has been a hard couple of days. Storey continues to be sick (just when I thought she was over it!!) and while most Etsy customers are gracious and fabulous, apparently some are quite the opposite. Unfortunately, I have had to deal with one of those customers and, as a result, I have a stress induced stomach ache. At one point, I was so upset that I even considered closing up shop. Don't you hate to be accused of something you didn't do?

Today I am so grateful for a wonderful husband and loving friends who will stand up for me, comfort me, make me laugh, talk sense into me, take me out to dinner, clean up Storey's poop so I don't have to, write scathing emails in my behalf, listen to me vent, offer advice--thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.

And thank goodness for a Father in Heaven who knows my struggles, who understands my heart and doesn't leave me comfortless--even when the struggle is something so seemingly insignificant as a shop transaction. If it is important to me, it is important to the Lord.

The peace that prayer brings is amazing. Try it sometime.

7 comments:

Kerry said...

I'm so sorry that you've had all of that to deal with lately! : (

edith said...

Sorry to hear this Beth. I hope you could resolve the issue with the buyer and Storey will feel better soon. Enjoy the weekend.

Shenna said...

Sorry things haven't been great the last few days. If you need a break from Jak, feel free to drop him by for a bit!

Holly North said...

I agree. He cares if we care about something. Even if other people think it's trivial. I think a kid praying about losing a toy gets as much attention from Him as a businessman making major life-altering decisions. I mean, they're all simple problems to figure out to Him, so whatever we're upset about, he'll fix. Even if you're upset because your child just "cleaned" your recently cleaned window with a bar of soap. . . . And notice the incomplete sentences. I'm trying to be more casual.

MaryAnne said...

That sounds really stressful. I hope everyone gets and stays healthy, and that you don't get any more difficult customers.

MeganL said...

:( Awww...I'm so sorry! Hang in there!!

Julie @ Joy's Hope said...

why is it that ugly words from one person can negate 1000 other nice ones? The same thing happened to me during the Cora project and I was one step away from quitting and refunding everyones money. How stupid would that have been? You are amazing. Hooray for comfort from God and encouragement from sweet husbands.
I know this is super cheesy and Dr. Phil-ish, but it always runs through my mind:
Hurting people
Hurt people.

Related Posts with Thumbnails