Wednesday, April 01, 2009

GAM '09---April Goal

Thanks for all the well wishes! We're feeling much better, even Storey who has just ended her six day stint with diarrhea (TMI?). She and I are both very glad that's over. I can't tell you how tired I am of cleaning poop.

March's goal went much better than February's. In other words, I don't have to make something up on the last day of the month in order to feel better about myself.

Jakson has thoroughly been enjoying Tot School. We only formally have "school" once or twice a week, but many of the activities have found a place in our everyday play.
Here are some more of the tray tasks that we've done recently:On these trays we had the usual suspects (play dough and stickers), but I changed all of the other ones to try some new things out.
Pink tray: noodles and pipe cleaner for threading (great for practicing fine motor skills)
Yellow tray: Popsicle sticks for making letters. This was a little difficult for Jak, but I know he finally caught on because I found this in the living room laterPurple Tray: Sequencing, biggest to smallest from the main Tot School site (printable-for free!). Awesome, but Jak didn't care for it. I think it was too challenging.
Green Tray: Printable Cars Tot Book-reviews shapes colors, letters-Jak wasn't as interested as I thought he would be. I like he likes activities where he is more busy if that makes sense. Carissa has created many Tot Books, including a brand new one for Brown Bear, Brown Bear.Blue Tray: I mixed it up a little and drew a large letter I and gave Jak a package of icecream stickers. Mostly to amuse myself because "I, icecream!" is one of his favorite things to say. You can see it better in this picture-nothing too fancy
I also picked up a set of plastic funnels at the dollar store and Jakson spends a ton of time playing with them at the sink. It gives me a chance to clean the kitchen or get laundry done.

Since March was a habit goal, not a one time goal, I'm always looking for new ideas of age appropriate activities. I've found some really great resources all over the internet, but especially these sites:
Eensies (some of the activities don't work for Jak-he's a little young, but many can be adapted)
No Time for Flashcards
Likely Classroom
Just for Fun
I link up a lot of fun things that I find on the Lesson Plans site as well.

April Goal
I've been writing this blog for almost 3 years-it has been my main source of journaling for both myself and the kids (especially Jakson). I've read a lot about Blurb books and how easy it is to publish your blog, but it has never gotten done. So...my goal this month is to create at least one book (the first year of blogging) for our family and a separate one just for Jakson. I will eventually want to make one for Storey as well, but I want to wait until she's at least a year old.

I've already downloaded the software and decided that the whole process looks a little complicated, but I'm determined to get it done. Hopefully I'll be able to show you pics of my finished books at the end of the month!!

I'd love to see your goals-link up in the comments!!

5 comments:

j&krosser said...

I think I will have the same goal as you this month. I actually started a book two months ago- time to FINISH it!

bethany said...

copycat.

Leanna said...

if you have time to download blog software you have time to download google video so I can webcam with you guys!

Adam and Melissa said...

Thanks for the links. I need some new things for Carter! You goal is similar to mine. I put it on my personal blog a few days ago because I was too excited to wait till April 1st. Good luck :)

MaryAnne said...

Good luck with the blurb books, I'm curious to see how they turn out.

I'm just starting preschool activities with Emma, so it's fun and helpful to see what you're doing for tot school.

Related Posts with Thumbnails