Monday, April 27, 2009

Bumpy road

Zak started out his week by getting laid off.
Gives a new meaning to Manic Monday, doesn't it?
The layoff was from left field. Totally unexpected. Shocking. Sudden. Unforeseen. Not in the cards. Abrupt. Unanticipated.

But we know everything is going to be okay.

As soon as Zak broke the news, I knelt in prayer. What were we going to do?

Peace. Calm.
I am grateful for a Father in Heaven who truly sees the big picture.
Although, sometimes that big picture consists of a fork in the road that we don't understand.

At first.
But eventually we see that all things happen for a reason.

Right now, it's a little hard to see the reasons.
And it's difficult to think about the change that will be coming. A move? New home? New job? At the very least a loss of income. Scary things.....

So instead we're trying to look at it as an adventure.
A great adventure.

"All these things shall give thee experience and shall be for thy good." D&C 122:7

Side Note One: So this means that currently, I am paying the mortgage with the Etsy shop. Hmmmm.... Handmade anyone?

Side Note Two: If you happen to know of any companies in your area hiring civil engineers, feel free to shoot us an email! We'd love a lead!

15 comments:

sewdelightful said...

We will keep you in our prayers!

Kerry said...

Oh, man! I'm so sorry. You'll be in our prayers, and I have to say I admire your attitude. It is an adventure, and I know you'll be blessed where ever it leads you!

[AnnieR] said...

Oh Beth. I'm so sorry. That's so awful and scary. I truly admire your attitude and your faith. I will keep you guys in my prayers. Do keep us posted.

deborah said...

BUMMER!!!!! life is full of curve balls and... really, the only difference is the attitude, and you have the right attitude. it will work out, who knows when or how but it will work out.

Jenny said...

Beth, I am so sorry that this happened to you guys. A layoff is never fun. We will keep you in our prayers and let you know what Josh finds out. Best of luck!!!!

Gina said...

Oh my! Terrible news! I am so sorry! You have great faith and that will pull you through. You're in my prayers!

edith said...

Oh, what terrible news on a Monday. And when it is so unexpected, it's even more scary. But I am sure you guys will be alright. Keep strong and positive, as you always are. I am sending all my positive thoughts to your family.

Erica said...

WHAT A SHOCK!
You and your family are in our prayers. Anything you need let us know.

Covey and Justin said...

Oh I am so sorry! Watson Electrical Construction Company (the company my hubby works for) is always looking for good people. Kidde Aerospace is also hiring--both are here in Wilson, NC. A Big move though :) I'd love to have you here though :)

MeganL said...

I'm so sorry. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers!!!!

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry! I will be praying for your peace and of course for an open door for a new job for Zak. Let me know if I can help with your store in some way.

West Family said...

I am so sorry. We will keep you in our prayers!

Adam and Melissa said...

TThat sure is totally left field... but I really admire your amazing attitude. Not many people can look at this situtation the way you guys are. Your faith will bless you guys!

Diana Hawkins said...

So sorry to hear this. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers, and we certainly hope this change brings something wonderful and new for your family.

Bridget said...

That stinks, I'm so sorry. I'll keep your family in my prayers and tell everyone I know about your shop.

Related Posts with Thumbnails