Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Amazing

The last 48 hours have been full of prayers, phone calls, emails, job leads, resume overhauls, prayers, references, more prayers, dinner offers, housing offers, Etsy purchases, hugs, messages, offers to babysit while I sew, blog posts, and good advice.

I am overwhelmed by your love. I have only cried once about the layoff, but I have cried many times as I have witnessed the blessings and support we have received from our family and friends. It is incredibly hard for me to accept help, so this has been an especially humbling experience for me as we have called in favors and accepted gifts from those around us.

Humility. Ironically, Zak and I had a conversation over dinner about a week ago congratulating ourselves on his recession-proof employment. Maybe this is what I needed to learn--that even the Titanic can sink, so to speak.

We continue to keep a positive attitude (what good is the alternative?). Zak has some good leads and is moving forward quickly with the search for a new job. The future looks a little daunting at times, but we are grateful that we have each other and our families/friends to lean on.

Zak summed our feelings up in this email to our Bishop today.......

I have to admit that I was definitely taken aback by my lay off, but after some thought and prayer Beth and I have felt the calm reassurance from the Spirit letting us know that we will be taken care of. I just feel that the Lord has a hand in my lay off and as we put our trust in Him, doing all we can, we will come out of this stronger in our faith and better off. I just wish I was at the end looking back to see the exact reason for this trial in our life.

Thank you all. My cup runneth over.

4 comments:

Clyde J Criddle said...

We love you guys. You will make it through this and be able to look back and see the Lord's hand in your life.

North Family Arizona said...

keep having faith and everything will work out. Oh, and make sure Zak shaves before that interview!

j&krosser said...

I going to start praying that his next job moves him to Payson....:)

Seth and Peggy said...

Bethany I'm so sorry to hear about Zak's job. Thank goodness for scriptures, prophets, and the Spirit in times of uncertainty. You've been an example to us all of what to do in tough times. I'm inspired by your faith!

How did the sewing class go? I went to the temple yesterday afternoon and got stuck in traffic on the way home. After I ate it was past 7 pm. And Macie has had a low-grade fever and slight cough. Hope it's not swine flu... The material I got at JoAnn's was already hemmed, so I just sewed it up the back quickly. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing. The girls love the dresses.

Related Posts with Thumbnails