Thursday, March 19, 2009

Food for thought

Last night as I was doing some Google research about our taxes (I realize blogs/random websites are about as accurate as Wikipedia, but it's cheaper than an accountant), I came across something that made me chuckle. Tax figuring stresses me out-I'm not a numbers person (stop laughing mom), but I'm too much of a control freak to delegate the job, so chuckling is not something I often do as the April 15th deadline approaches. But when a guy asked if he could write off his share of the $700 billion bail outs on his taxes, I laughed.

Tonight Jakson ate jelly hamburger buns for dinner (his concoction, not mine). He ended up with grape jelly smeared all down the front of his shirt. I wonder why they don't make washable grape jelly like they do washable markers and paint? Crayola really needs to get on that.

When children have a perfectly good bed, why do they insist on sleeping on the floor?

If you were hoping for real food and not just food for thought, while I was calculating last night, Zak was baking (remember my need to eat my feelings? He understands me.). He whipped up these delicious cookies (made with semi sweet chips instead of swirl). Bake them. Eat them. Love them. The trick is to volunteer to do the taxes ladies.....

And if you just read the blog because you want to see pictures of the children, here is a picture of Storey after she pulled herself up on one of the toy cubes. This is her new favorite activity. Doesn't work so well in the bathtub.

4 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Cute picture of Storey.

Oxiclean works wonders on grape jelly, if you haven't already discovered that...

Covey and Justin said...

Wow!! Look at those vibrant blue eyes! She is beautiful. I came out of the bathroom to find Lydia in the middle of the dining room table. Our kids are daredevils!

Heather said...

You have a beautiful family and jelly hamburger buns sound yummy! :) My daughter can come up with funny combos as well! :)

KatieB said...

you should use turbotax.com i've used it every year since we were sophomores in college. it guides you through everything.

Related Posts with Thumbnails