Monday, February 16, 2009

Donut Amateurs

I am not a breakfast person. If my choices are sleep or eat breakfast, I ALWAYS choose sleep. This also means that I don't get up to make anyone else in the family breakfast either-we eat cold cereal, instant oatmeal and the like.

Jakson has inherited my love of sleeping in. On a normal day, he doesn't get up until 8:30-9. Works for me. As a result, we eat breakfast about the time others have started thinking about lunch.

This morning when Jak woke up, I'd already finished feeding Storey and she'd gone back to bed, so it was just us. I was feeling a little creative and remembered this great recipe for semi-homemade donuts.

It was a really great activity to do with toddlers (and I am ALWAYS looking for those!!) Jakson loved cutting the holes in the donuts (Marie says she used a medicine cup, but I wish I would have had a circle cookie cutter--the medicine cup didn't work very well) I didn't have a shaker to put the sugar/cinnamon mixture in, so when I was finished cooking the donuts, I put the mixture in the bottom of a large Tupperware, tossed the cooked donuts in, put the lid on and let Jakson shake them all up to coat the donuts.

3 comments:

The Ibarra's said...

I have been wanting to make those donuts also but haven't gotten around to it. Thanks for the tip on using cookie cutter vs medicine cup. You are so lucky Jakson sleeps in Gavin is up at 6:30 and ready to go.

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

Great idea putting them in a tupperware to shake. Looks like the kids had fun. Thanks for linking to me!

Adam and Melissa said...

I love sweets for breakfast. Carter inherited that for me. He loves doughnuts. I may have to let him in on the fun. Looks like Jak enjoyed himself for sure!

Related Posts with Thumbnails