Thursday, January 01, 2009

GAM '09---January Goal

I don't know about you, but it was incredibly difficult to narrow it down to just ONE goal to focus on for January. Maybe I'm just abnormally flawed, therefore need a lot of improvements, but I could think of about 25 possible goals to set.

Knowing that if I set my sights too high, nothing would actually change, I decided to start the year off with a one-time goal rather than an ongoing habit goal. And it's something that needs to happen anyway--I've been talking about it for months.


January Goal-Move Storey into Jakson's room completely at night.
This may not sound like a big deal, but when you are the one getting up with the baby (not to leave Zak out-he definitely does his fair share of middle of the night shushing) every 45 minutes all night long, it is. :) We had a little talk with the pediatrician at our last visit and I've been referring to my favorite go-to baby book Baby Whisperer and both have assured me that she weighs and eats enough to sleep through the night.

And if she's sleeping in Jak's room-she'll also need a place to sleep. Currently she's in a pack and play half of the night and a bassinet in the sewing room the other half. We have a perfectly good unfinished crib sitting in our garage just waiting for a coat of red paint and fabric for navy/red bedding uncut on a shelf. I also have a quilt top that I finished before she was even born that hasn't turned into a quilt.

In other words, I have my work cut out for me this month.

Before:
"After" pictures to come!!

Now it's your turn! There are two ways to let everyone else participating in GAM know about your goal this month.
  1. Write a post about your goal (this is one of the most important parts of the goal-setting process--WRITE IT DOWN!!) and leave a link below by adding your name and the actual link to the GAM '09 post.
  2. If you don't have a blog or aren't going to post about it, leave your goal in the comments section, then come back to the "After" post and the end of the month and tell us about your progress!!
Happy New Year and happy goal setting!! Read more about GAM and what it is here.

20 comments:

esque said...

That's a great goal for the first month!

Let's see. I think I'm going with losing 4 lbs this month (or 1 lbs a week). We'll see how it goes; I'll report back!

Good luck on attaining your goal!

Adam and Melissa said...

My goal is to get off soda!

Mandi said...

This will be fun! Thanks for setting it up for us!

Barbra said...

7 pounds and 15 sales....one I can totally control. The other?....we'll see!

Sabrina said...

I see that you did the pillows- or at least that is what it looks like Storey is laying on. How do they look?-S

DJane said...

Moving the baby to his own room is a good goal!

I am like you, hard to pick just one...

Kerry said...

We're GAMing with you!! Love the idea!

Kerry said...

Anything by "The Firm" is great! Happy Yoga-ing to Zak!

The Frosts said...

Hey, its Holly Frost. I just rejoined the gym, so my goal is to go 3 days a week.

Amy @ Finer Things said...

That's a tough one. Our third baby co-slept with us until she was nearly a year old. Good luck! In my experience, they really do sleep better when they are in their own bed, in their own room (shared with sibs, not mom and dad.) ;-)

Thanks for stopping by Finer Things!

Heather @ Not a DIY Life said...

I love the idea of making monthly goals instead of vague year-long resolutions!

I dread moving our toddler into her own room. I think a transitional step will be to get her to sleep on her own mattress on the floor rather than in Mommy and Daddy's bed!

Best wishes to you for 2009!

Susan (5 Minutes For Mom) said...

Very smart to have one goal for the month... helps to focus.

pam said...

What a great idea to set one goal per month!! I am going to have to think of what my goal could be for January.

Good Luck,
Pam

Courtney from mommie blogs said...

this is brilliant - taking it one month at a time! I linked to my entire list, but definitely know that finishing my little man's room is a must this month. Poor guys furniture was recalled for lead, but this issue opened the door for a brand new big boy room.

now get some rest :) good luck!

Shenna said...

Thanks for the opportunity to hopefully not fail. :)

Joelle said...

Awesome goals! I need to read that book soon thanks for the reminder!

Beachcomber said...

Great first goal.

Dawn said...

My GAM for January is to get back on my medication and go back to walking. I have 5kg to lose!.

MaryAnne said...

My goal of the month is to make a tutu for my daughter's birthday next month. I'll blog about it once it's done.

I also need to get a start on organizing the little things in my home that are not currently organized...

Edith said...

I personally don't set any goals on New Years' Day but if I set up my mind on something, then I work toward it. Like trying to get my bib and card business going. Anyway, I am writing b/c my 3 3/4 year old son is all of the sudden coming to our bed room after we moved his baby sister into his room. I am trying everything: bribing, complaining, talking. Nothing helps. Any ideas??

Related Posts with Thumbnails