Wednesday, December 17, 2008

He passed!

Zak received news today that he passed his P.E. Exam!! Hooray! I am extremely proud of the hard work and smarts that it took to do well. We even braved a restaurant with Zak's coworkers and the kids to celebrate. Zak's coworkers behaved themselves, Jakson did not. Sigh.

On the other hand, Jakson failed (miserably) the test he had today. Every four months or so we have an appointment with the ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor) to check on Jak's progress. Normally Jakson does well during the hearing test, but today he didn't respond to the majority of the noises in the booth. The doctor checked his ears, found a lot of stagnant fluid and suggested that he have surgery to place tubes again. You know when you talk underwater and sounds are really muffled? Apparently that is how Jakson hears all noises-now I feel like a terrible parent for getting upset when he doesn't listen to me. Maybe he really can't hear-although I still have a feeling that it's more a symptom of selective hearing. He is a two year old after all.

So he'll be back under the knife sometime next month-they are also going to be removing his adenoids to prevent more fluid buildup. It's a pretty common surgery, so I'm not too worried. Although I knew tubes weren't a big deal and cried the whole time he was in surgery the first time.

9 comments:

Adam and Melissa said...

Congrats To Zak! I am glad to hear that.
I am sorry about Jak though. Poor guy... I feel bad he has to go thru a surgery. I know how that goes :( Let me know when it is, so I can watch Storey or help however needed.

Shenna said...

Yuck! Hopefully this surgery will fix the problem permanently.

Mytutorlist.com said...

Awww, poor guy! I hope he'll be good as new afterwards.

Hehehe... selective hearing, huh? At least he has a legitimate excuse now!

Mandi said...

Congratulations, Zak!!! I know this is a BIG relief.

Poor Jakson! I hope his ears are cleared up soon!

Amanda said...

Sorry you have to go through surgery again. Hopefully this time it will do the trick!

Maylene said...

Congratulations to Zak! I'm sorry about Jakson. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and maybe he will listen better :)

Melissa said...

You should talk to my mom - they didn't even find out I was deaf in one ear until I was in kindergarten or first grade. . .

Melissa

Cheryl said...

Poor Jak! It is always hard as a mom to watch your child have to go through an ordeal.

Tell Zak Congrats!

Courtney and Hyrum said...

Hello! I saw your blog address on a Christmas card to Thelma. You guys are so cute! Sorry to hear about Jakson. I hope the surgery goes well! And Storey is so adorable!
Courtney

Related Posts with Thumbnails