Friday, November 07, 2008

Sneak Preview


Unless you've been lurking in the Etsy forums, you probably haven't heard of the new. very cool handmade marketplace 1000 Markets. It's so new in fact, that it's still in Sneak Preview mode. One of the main differences between this site and Etsy (besides the design-it's so appealing!!) is that 1000 Markets is a "juried" site. This means that each shop has to be approved by the administration before opening. Being juried ensures that the quality of the items sold is high and appropriate (read: not mass produced). I set up shop there at the beginning of the week and have been really impressed with the ease of listing items and fabulous communication of the admin. I'm still going to be selling on Etsy, but listing more custom items on 1000 Markets. Not only that, but I have plans to open an "all aprons" shop as well-something I'm really excited about! My shop is still in the works, but here's a look
Love, September at 1000 Markets

Another sneak preview...
Jen took our family pictures for Christmas cards on Saturday (seriously, how often does this vain family pose for photos?) and was able to get this amazing shot. It is perfect. Jakson's smiling, my fat is covered up, and Storey's shirt doesn't look too tight, although it was. I'm insane and decided Saturday morning that she didn't have any tops that matched the "fall motif" the rest of us were wearing, so after an unsuccessful trip to Target, I whipped up her little shirt. Only problem? She was asleep so I didn't have any measurements and when we dressed her in the car we discovered that she was really going to have to suck in. Hard to tell though because Jen is a miracle worker. Click here for some other pictures. More to come later.

8 comments:

Danielle said...

What a fabulous picture! You look awesome!

Amanda said...

I love your family picture! And I hope you have great success with your new online stores.

Anne said...

I went to Jen's website and saw some more. I loved them all.

Cheryl said...

That is such an awesome picture of you all. I love it. Wish I had a good one like that of my family. Especially the part with my fat covered up! :)

Sabrina said...

I love it!!! It is beautiful and everyone looks great. Perfect for a card and framing around the house and gift giving. Amazing.

Adam and Melissa said...

Good luck on the other online store :) I know you will do great. All your pics look so awesome!

Leanna said...

i LOVE the pictures. they are all so cute but especially the one on your blog cuz of jakson's smile!

Kerry said...

What a fantastic picture of your gorgeous family! I've been meaning to tell you that I'm in love with Storey's birth announcement! Thanks so much for sending us one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails