Friday, November 21, 2008

Gift giving

I have issues. Many of them revolve around the Christmas season. I want to listen to Christmas music starting the day after Halloween nonstop until December 25th. I'd like to put up my Christmas decorations November 2nd. I try to find the perfect gift for everyone on my list and have it wrapped and ready by July. I realize that this is obsessive, but anyone who knows me well is not surprised.

Most people on my gift getting list are fairly easy to shop for.

What do you get grandparents? Something with the kids' pictures, handprints, etc. Done and done.

Nerdy brothers? Simple. Anything that you might wear with a pocket protector.

Sister in laws are easy too-get them all a book and they'll be happy.

Brother in laws....Tyler be excited.

But sisters? That's a different story. Every year I have an incredibly difficult time trying to decide what my sister isn't going to think is totally lame. There's an eleven year difference between us and apparently I am quite of touch with all things cool. Because I'm such a gift giving perfectionist this problem often keeps me up at night brainstorming.

Finally, I have done it though. After an extensive search on Etsy, I found the perfect gift.And I sent it as an early present so that she could wear it to the Twilight movie last night. Oh, Edward.

Now to start worrying about Christmas 2009.

Love the bangle? Find it here. Is Team Darcy more your style? She sells P&P bangles too!! (C'mon people...P&P=Pride and Prejudice)

5 comments:

[AnnieR] said...

I really like this gift because it could quite possibly been made by cutting up the pages of the book. Shredding them to bits, even.

Diane said...

Thank you so much for featuring my bangles on your blog! I'm just so happy that your sister liked the bracelet. It can be tough to find just the right gifts. Maybe I'll see you again next year :) Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

Gina said...

Those are so fun!

Vanessa said...

Finally, something the twilight books are good for! j/k sort of, but cool gift idea, and I can totally see Leanna loving it. And for one of your brothers, forgot the stuff that goes in the pocket protector, how bout the protector itself?

Leanna said...

i love my bracelet! all my friends love it too. But I don't love your hater friends! :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails