Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Success and Failure

Success: We got some great pictures at the Pumpkin Patch in UT, including a semi-decent family picture that is now displayed on Created by Mom along with some of my slings and tutus.
Failure: Despite being surrounded by hundreds of pumpkins, Jakson was unable to find one that suited him. He spent most of his time falling off the stacked bales of hay.
Success: Jakson had a fabulous time getting tons of attention from his Aunt Nan and Uncle Tyler. And he said both of their names!! Breakthrough! Now if he would only call me something- ANYTHING-he seems to have a name for everyone else at this point, except for me. I'm not sure how to feel about this fact.
Failure: Jak had the most fun playing with the dogs in Grandma's backyard. Hard to explain to a two year old why he's never going to own a dog. Because they poop everywhere doesn't work because so does he. Hmmmmm.....

Success:
I made three trips to Broadbent's to choose fabric for some slings and baby quilts.Failure: I may or may not have spent my entire Paypal balance there-the sales from the Etsy shop really just feed the habit. I'm so excited to make a little quilt out of this oneand this... Success: I finally finished one of my goals from two weeks ago-the auction quilt!! I hope Tracie loves it!
Failure: I still haven't even cut out the pattern pieces for Jak's costume. He may have to wear a sheet for Halloween this year and call it good.

Success:
We picked up a hitchhiker on the way home from UT. A hitchhiker we like to call ANIMAL!! That's right we found him on the side of the road right where we left him!! He's been so abused by Jakson that he really looked no worse after his ordeal.
Failure: I still haven't been able to get a good picture of the reunited friends because Jakson is suddenly very camera shy. Obviously....he started wailing when I took this picture.

10 comments:

Veronica said...

I can't believe you found the animal!!! That is nuts!

Mandi said...

Broadbent's looks like a really neat fabric store! And your fabric choices are gorgeous...happy sewing!

Sabrina said...

Holy Cow!!! I cannot believe that you found that thing. Actually I can, God is good...and now you have a couple backups:)

FamilyKolbaba said...

Not one person has commented on how completely crazy your son is. I couldn't let it pass. Persnickety about pumpkins, refusing to call you anything, and crying about a picture (at two years).....will he ever be less nutty?

Amanda said...

Cute, cute fabrics! And I'm amazed that you found the original animal. Seriously amazed.

bethany said...

None of them know him as well as you do Mandy.... :)
Or maybe they're afraid I'll be offended or something. I'll be the first (well second I guess) to say it-my son is nuts.

Adam and Melissa said...

Congrats on finding Animal! I love that picture of Zak, Storey, and Jak with the pumkpin. And I LOVE all those fabrics you bought :)

Leanna said...

ahahah that's so funny i can't believe you found it. yay!

Leanna said...

wait I don't remember jakson saying my name...when did that happen?!

tiffunny said...

Wow - I can't believe you found that animal either! The lengths parents will go to for their kids though - i know i would have been searching the highways for years to come if it was me. And when did Tyler get married???!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails