Thursday, October 09, 2008

R.I.P.

Our dear friend Animal met his demise Wednesday, October 9th, 2008 somewhere along the road between Phoenix and Flagstaff. He was a good and loyal friend, always around when Jakson needed a cuddle and didn't even mind being dragged in the dirt and having his tag shredded, all in the name of friendship. Animal was never one to hold a grudge and remained true to the end, despite the notorious trashcan incident.

We will miss you Animal. Especially at naptime.


Seriously though, if you have a blanket just like animal laying around your house, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let me know! I will pay any amount of money for another one. They don't sell them anymore and I have spent two hours searching for one online to no avail. I am feeling desperate!! I even posted this on Criagslist in hopes that someone ANYONE will happen to have one. It is quite ugly, so I'm not sure how well they sold, but surely at least one other person bought one. I don't even care what condition it's in (as long as the head is still attached-or even if it's not, send the head along and I will rehead the thing). In fact, the more raggedy the better-it'll be more authentic and maybe Jakson won't even notice that it was missing in the first place. Zak commented that it's like a parent who kills their kid's goldfish and then tries to replace it without them knowing.

Blogging world-pull through on this one for me. This is a matter of sanity!

Amendment #1: Animal is originally from Pottery Barn Kids. They don't make him anymore-maybe he didn't sell well since no one could figure out what kind of animal he was...

8 comments:

Erin said...

poor Animal...poor Jak...POOR MOMMY! I'll start the search in Montana. Cierra has a snowman blanket that we'd be lost without, so I feel your pain. I'm on the hunt...

FamilyKolbaba said...

You might want to give your fans something to work with, like a brand name.....and are you sure that thing was a horse?

Amanda said...

Oh dang! That is not good! Is your family fasting and praying for you?

Megan said...

I did some investigating becuase I know how much that little boy loves that blanket and I found items similar to it but none that were some weird animal. All the ones I found you could tell what they were. Here are the websites that I found:
http://cgi.ebay.com/POTTERY-BARN-FROG-LOVEY-BLANKET-FLEECE-VALORE-GREEN_W0QQitemZ130257921599QQihZ003QQcategoryZ146543QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem?refid=store

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360075955763&category=117020&refid=store
This is just from looking really quick so I bet you might be able to find some cheaper if these are the kind that you want.

Audra Bollard said...

I'm dying here for you. If anything happened to our "bear" blanket my life would be over and Ethan is four-years-old! We've had several near losses, due to the fact that you have to take these attachment items everywhere with you, thus the high risk of always losing it. GOOD LUCK!

Oh, and why do they always pick the UGLY thing to get attached too?

Adam and Melissa said...

I feel so bad for you and Jakson. I don't know what I would do if Carter lost his favorite blanket! Good luck finding another... I will try and look as well.

Matt & Brooke said...

Oh that is a sad sad story...really...good luck!

Mandi said...

Oh, poor Animal! Sorry I can't help with finding Jakson a new friend. Good luck with your search!

Related Posts with Thumbnails