Friday, September 12, 2008

Something New

I just listed these in the store today and I'm so excited because I LOVE them!! I think I'm going to keep one of each pattern for myself!
I wore one to Chick-Fil-A and storytime yesterday and both places strangers stopped me and asked where I got it. I felt cool. That is until I realized what a bad salesperson I am. I could have totally had a sale both times, but instead said "Do you sew?" And then proceeded to try to explain to them how to make one. Both times I was told it sounded too complicated, but did I hand them a card and say, "Buy one from me."? No. Of course not. If you ever want to sell something, don't hire me. To make up for it, I'm resorting to shameless self-promotion on my blog. **Amendment** It was pointed out that nowhere do I mention the price (once again proof of salesmanship skills). They are $36.

Email me (bethanycr{AT}gmail{DOT}com) if you're interested in purchasing one or just go over to the shop--. I have this fabric choice as well, just haven't listed it yet. If you guys don't buy them, you'll just see me sporting a lot of different pouches. But don't ask me where I got it because apparently I won't tell you.

13 comments:

FamilyKolbaba said...

Do you need to have a baby to want one? How much do you sell them for? I would buy them as shower gifts, but you go to all the same showers I do.....what a dilemma.

bethany said...

Guess I forgot that part-they are $40 and no babies needed. I found a Cabbage Patch kid works just as nicely.
If you buy one Mandy, I will forced to kill you. I'll make you one when you have a baby. I mean we'll both be at that same baby shower too, but you won't be bringing a gift.
See? Told you I'm a bad salesperson.

FamilyKolbaba said...

Wow, yeah, you really are. Fine, I'll take the free one. :)

Adam and Melissa said...

I NEED ONE SO BAD!!!! LOVE THE FABRIC YOU CHOSE.

lynette said...

bethany!!!!
you would make a perfect fit at my new boutique!

lynette said...

oh, and i forgot to say--those are so dang cute!

Anne said...

So is that Storey in there in the pictures or the Cabbage Patch doll? Either way, it looks quite comfortable. Good Job!

starrybluesky said...

The baby modelling them in your shop does look very snug and cosy ! :)

Danielle said...

These are darling and I might need one in the near future. I love the color combinations!

Sabrina said...

Love them! Great job!

Veronica said...

I think I have the exact same sling! I also made mine and get comments EVERYWHERE I go with it. But I also try to explain how to make it and get that blank stare from people. I love your fabric!

j&krosser said...

Cute picture with the head in it. I am going to call you tomorrow so answer your phone.

Mandi said...

Bethany,
I am always SO impressed with your sewing skills! I dabble a little with sewing but have not attempted a sling...did you follow a pattern or make it on your own? You must have a lot of energy to keep up with two little ones and find time to sew!

Related Posts with Thumbnails