Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Some days are like that. Even in Australia

It's fun to throw a pity party until you realize how much worse it could be. So today, I will be grateful.

This morning I was grateful when my baby wouldn't go back to sleep and I got to rock and snuggle with her.

I was grateful when Jakson threw his utensils and cup on the floor after I repeatedly asked him not to because at least he has the mental capacity to defy me.

I was grateful when I had to change two disgusting diapers knowing that my children's bodies function the way they should.

I was grateful that we have the means to provide food for our children when the Kamikaze kid climbed the pantry shelves to reach his Cheez-its while I fed Storey (the top shelf no less).

That also made me grateful for health insurance.

I was grateful for technology when I received an encouraging email from Zak five minutes after cleaning an entire Go-Gurt off the kitchen wall.

I was grateful when Jakson gouged Storey in the eyes and I was able to use the teaching moment to send him to the corner while lecturing him about "being nice."

I am grateful that I have the opportunity to stay home with my children and am healthy enough to keep up with them.

We are blessed.

8 comments:

Adam and Melissa said...

Thanks for this post Beth. I needed to hear that things can always be worse.. a lot worse, and I need to be grateful. I can't believe that poor woman and her family. How sad :(

Julie said...

That story is unbelievable and so incredibly sad! It truly does make you grateful for every single thing. Thanks for sharing it!

Diana Hawkins said...

What a reality check ... it brings what's important into perspective. Thanks!

KatieB said...

you're doing great beth! each day you get to start over.

Diana said...

Great post - it's true - we all need to be grateful for the little blessings in disguise! Thanks for reminding me of that :-)

The Beadles said...

Always positive!! That's great. It's very encouraging for kids to not have negativity. :D

Jewelry Rockstar said...

Thanks. We all have to remember to be grateful.

Kerry said...

Beautifully stated, Beth. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails