Thursday, September 04, 2008

Photographer Extraordinaire

Since I've never mastered the art of photography, I've become obsessed with having talented people take pictures of our little family (don't believe me? See here and here). My walls are covered in large framed photos-my favorite kind of art.

Problem: Poor Storey was missing from our decor.

Solution: In 2001, I went to New Zealand with a bunch of girls from the School of Education to teach. One of my favorite girls was a crazy red head named Jen (I have soooo many stories, but I'll spare you the details), who has since traded in her teacher's glare for a camera lens and the title "Mommy." Her amazing photography can be found on her photo blog, I'm Calling the Shots.

Jen came over Saturday and somehow caught my children looking cute-I'm still not sure how she did it because Jakson was typically uncooperative and Storey kept crying. The photos turned out amazing-I want to frame them ALL!!




Jak with "Animal" (so named because we're not really sure what kind of living thing it's supposed to be. A giraffe? Horse?)-one of the victims of the trashcan incident.
We felt this pose was especially appropriate considering our bookish family and that her name is Storey (get it?) See more of our family here.

Live in the Phoenix Valley? Get your pictures taken!!

14 comments:

j&krosser said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen and Reed said...

Wow Bethany. Your family photographs really well. Jen is so creative. I was so excited to see how the pictures turned out. Glad you could spend time with a great friend and capture the loves of your life in such a unique way.

It was so nice to see you and your family this weekend. We should get together more often. Maybe Jakson will get over his need to sleep at home and Storey will never go through that interesting phase and you all can come visit us in our new home we will hopfully be in at the beginning of next year.

j&krosser said...

Okay that was me who deleted the comment. I was typing with one hand and I spelled your kid's name wrong so I am trying again. Cute pictures! Love the Storey in the stories.

cece said...

What beautiful pictures! Your family looks amazing in every shot!

The Dominguez Family said...

those are some really goooood pictures. They look like anne geddes poses....

~Sandra~

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh. Those pictures are so cute! My favorite one is the third one though. Precious!!!!

Kelly said...

The pictures are gorgeous!

I so enjoy your blog I nominated you for a Brillant Blogger Award. I just really look forward to new entries and the highlighted artists!

Have a wonderful day!

KatieB said...

adorable! you know i grew up with her, right?

deborah said...

love the pictures.

Jen and Bryan said...

you are too nice!!! It looks like I'm PAYING you. It's really not hard to take cute pictures when you have such cute subjects. :)

Audra Bollard said...

darling! there is no cuter subject than a new chubby baby with all that hair.

Kerry said...

AMAZING photos! Thanks for sharing! The one with Storey on the bookshelf is precious! I've been working up a storm and haven't had much time to comment lately, but I've been loving all of your posts! Keep 'em coming!! : )

rawhide said...

such cute pictures...i like the one with storey and jakson....he looks like he really likes her!!!!!

Susan (5 Minutes For Mom) said...

SUCH great photos!

Related Posts with Thumbnails