Tuesday, September 09, 2008

A handmade gift

I love handmade items. I've gone to 8 or 9 baby showers this summer (is there something in the water here?) and I took a handmade gift to all of them. It's not always made by me (aren't these cute?), but I've been able to save money by using fabric I already own or purchasing from Etsy , all while giving each new mom something unique and special.

Yesterday, moments after I got vomited on (okay, it's just spit up, but it was A LOT.....so like vomit) and had removed my shirt to clean it, the doorbell rang. I threw a dry shirt on and answered it, hoping it wasn't one of those blasted security system guys. Instead it was my talented friend Kristen, come to pay a visit and bring a gift for Storey (she's so insightful, how did she know it was her one month birthday!?!). I was so frazzled about not being fully dressed and having a messy house that I'm afraid I may have seemed, well frazzled. Stupidly, I didn't even open the gift until after she left. And when I did, here's what I found....
Isn't she lovely? She's even got Storey's chubby cheeks.
Kristen's a very busy lady, with a new baby and three other children...it made me feel loved to know that she took time out of her busy day to sit down and make something personalized just for my baby. That's why I love handmade.

In other news:
  • I finally ended the Target drought. I went last night, sans children, and had a fabulous time trying on clothes without a little person crawling under my dressing room door and running away. It's so nice to shop in the real people section again!!
  • My favorite google search found on SiteMeter to date: "Do cute girls exist?" No really, that's what someone searched...is this a guy who has been on too many blind dates gone wrong? And how this blog ended up in the search results is beyond me. I haven't been cute for at least 3 or 4 years now.
Giveaways are still up until tomorrow at midnight. Remember to enter!!

2 comments:

Audra Bollard said...

You are a HOT chick of Northwoods 6. You will forever be cute Bethy!

sewdelightful said...

I am so glad you liked it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails