Monday, August 25, 2008

Sewing blunders

When Jakson was born, he was tiny so I errantly assumed that Storey would be a small baby as well. I even started collecting preemie outfits because I figured newborn clothes would be too big. I made the Itty Bitty Baby dress using the exact measurements from this pattern...she wasn't kidding when she said that it is VERY small. I put the dress on Storey today and it was much too tight. I was so sad because I love the fabric and don't have enough to make another one-it is made from a vintage tablecloth, so more of the same will be impossible to find. Maybe I'll give it away as a present-but it will have to be someone that I really, really like. :) We left it on long enough to snap a picture of her. I tried to explain to her that beauty is pain, but she wasn't really interested in my lecture. At least it's better than the peasant blouse that I made for her...we literally had to cut it off-no pics of that one. I thought breathing was probably more important than documenting my mistakes.

Fortunately, I had added a couple of inches to the bodice and made a larger dress as well, so she ended up wearing that to church. Here she is with her adoring grandparents.

This week's project-using This Mama Makes Stuff T-shirt to newborn gown tutorial. I've been wanting to make one of these for a long time! I'm heading to 99 cent Savers day tomorrow to find a shirt to cut up!

2 comments:

Shenna said...

I keep missing you at church! I have yet to meet this adorable baby...maybe next week.

Adam and Melissa said...

I told you it was tiny!!!! At least she fit into the other one you made. It is too cute on her. And I loved the headband. See.... it's fun having a girl!

Related Posts with Thumbnails