Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'd like to thank the Academy

So many people pulled through for me this past weekend. I'm sure I'm leaving a whole ton of wonderful deeds out, but here are some highlights.

  • My friend Mandy accidently bought some maternity pants, so she handed them off to me--they turned out to be extremely comfortable, although unflattering (and a size XS-talk about a confidence booster!). Every time I put them on, I would breathe a sigh of relief. Sorry to anyone who had to see me wear them everyday for the past three weeks-I promise I did wash them....at least once. Here are the pants in all their glory, in the pregnancy picture that everyone has been asking for-this picture was taken in the two minutes between contractions, you may be struck by lightning for thinking any bad thoughts about the way I look.
  • Nationwide Vision finished my new glasses three days before they originally promised....just in time for me to wear them to my trip to the hospital (as opposed the frames I've had since high school). Because of them, I was a much more fashionable laborer, they maybe even made up for the fact that my pants were unflattering.
  • Zak had to hold my hands and repeat "You are doing good" about 500 times while the guy gave me an epidural. Then he had to deal with the hyperventilation and uncontrollable shivering that followed-by far the worst part of our birthing experience this time. Have I mentioned I don't like needles?
  • Holly took Jakson all day Friday. She may be a saint.
  • Zak's sister Katy IS a saint and watched Jakson all weekend AND thought it was fun!! May she receive many, many blessings in heaven (she even had to turn down a date-I told her she could have taken Jak with her, but for some reason this did not sound like a good idea to her. I can't imagine why.).
  • Storey was born one week early, despite all my fears that she would stay inside of me FOREVER. And her halo is intact-I don't mean to brag but 6 hours of sleep two nights in a row-amazing!!
  • My mother flew in today, so I won't have to worry about cooking or cleaning and I can just enjoy holding my new baby (well, and preventing Jakson from killing himself).

13 comments:

Shenna said...

She is absolutely beautiful!!! I'm glad you've had so much help - it makes a huge difference having people there!

KatieB said...

she is GORGEOUS!!! i love all her hair! how fun! wish i could be there for you!

deborah said...

she is so cute... i love all that hair.

Sabrina said...

She is just beautiful. And what wonderful friends and family. You are truly blessed.

Sarah said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!

For the record, I like the maternity pants and love the glasses. :)

Amanda said...

You are so funny. Love all the pictures! Storey is beautiful like her mommy. Enjoy your mom being there!

cece said...

She's Beautiful! Congrats!

FamilyKolbaba said...

I think my favorite part of your pregnancy...(like that? MY favorite part of YOUR pregnancy) was that every time I came over you were wearing those brown gauchos. Yes, you failed to mention they were GAUCHOS. So stylish! (For a few months a couple years ago). I'm so glad my cheap and quick and accidental Target purchase has blessed your life. I even got top billing! (She is cute, by the way. Your baby, I mean.)

j&krosser said...

Look at all that hair!! and crazy as it may be I have some pants that could be your pants' twin- well in a bigger size.

West Family said...

She is so beautiful!!! And look at all that hair!

Jen and Reed said...

Yeah!!! You finally unveiled the picture. Ya look ready to deliver...but great too. Can't wait to see your girl. I might come to the blessing...for fun.

Adam and Melissa said...

Hey, I will be by between 5:30 and 5:45 to bring dinner!

sewdelightful said...

I love all her hair! Beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails