Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Analyze This

We have yet to interpret Jakson's reactions when Storey starts to cry.

Since Storey's birth, he has started carrying around his two favorite stuffed animals ("Red" and "Animal") as well this blanket EVERYWHERE he goes. I'm letting it slide. Today when Storey started fussing for food and I was getting her bottle ready, my mom made me aware of the fact that Jakson was throwing his favorite blanket away in the kitchen trashcan. I quickly handed over the bottle and went into the kitchen to fish the now garbage encrusted blanket out of the trash. Underneath I also found his friends, Animal and Red. I asked him what he was doing, but my question was only answered with a blank stare. I tried to explain that it would be really sad if Daddy came home and threw his friends in the big trashcan, but my lecture was greeted again with a blank stare. He reached out for his comfort items and took off in the other direction.

Meaning? Is this Jakson the martyr? "I'll do anything if you just stop crying..."
Analyze away, my friends. Analyze away.

3 comments:

FamilyKolbaba said...

I think you're giving him too much credit....knowing Jakson, I think it's more a "Let's see, when I cried as a baby, my parents gave me this blanket and stuffed animals. Now that other little thing is crying.....as far as I'm concerned, that kid is getting my blanket when hell freezes over. What to do, what to do.....quick! They'll never suspect the garbage!"

Adam and Melissa said...

very strange!? I don't know what that could possible mean. Maybe it was so you would just notice him??? Carter does things just so we pay attention to him.

Radean said...

welcome to parenthood..the fun really never starts until there is more than one. Jakson makes me laugh...a lot
r

Related Posts with Thumbnails