Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Suggestions?

In redecorating the jungle room, I am running across some wall art problems. I had three wooden 12x12 frames with photographs from a calendar of jungle animals hanging before and I'd like to keep the same frames, but I am at a loss beyond that.

During a search on Etsy, I found these fabulous prints and I think they would be perfect, but I really wanted to paint the frames either red or white. Do you think that would match? Here's a reminder of the wall color:


And here are the prints from Fall Down Tree:
I wouldn't use all four, I don't like the three blind mice as much as the others. What do you think? I'm afraid that these pictures are too dark for white frames and wouldn't match schoolhouse red.

My other idea is to go with black and white drawings and red frames. Yes? No? I need help!!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm no design expert, but I wouldn't pair those with the light blue. They're a little too dark. But, if everyone else disagrees, go ahead and do it!

Audra Bollard said...

I think you can put almost anything in a white frame. That said, I have to say that these do remind me a little of a Tim Burton movie . . .

Whimsical Creationz said...

I think the mats of your frames should be either a cream color or a green shade, and the frame should be done with wood.

Beat Black said...

I really like those prints but they look a touch on the gothic side... maybe that's why I adore them so much.

Erin said...

I love the prints, but I agree with everyone else...they seem a little dark, in a cool way though.

But more importantly, Jak has been reminding me of someone and I haven't been able to figure out who (well other than yall of course...) but it's the Alltel guy...you know, from the commercials?!?! He's obviously set up to be the good looking of the wireless guys though so it's a good thing :)

Elizabeth said...

I would keep hunting for the right pictures . . . it would probably be easy to find some brighter colored alphabet cards or something that you could hang like that etsy picture you posted. I would stick to primary colored pictures to keep in the cheery theme of the room. And I am a fan of white frames. Especially if you're going to have a collection.

Also, for posting a slide show, I had to create a picasa web album, keep it on public, and then add my own captions. You can then copy and paste the code for the slideshow from picasa web albums into your blog. (you have to check off that you want the captions to show, and you can choose the size of the slide show as well). Let me know if you have any confusion. It confused me at first but I figured it out so I could save you some time . . . although you are probably just more savvy than I am on a computer so you will figure it out in a jiffy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails