Wednesday, July 02, 2008

So this is love....

A little over four years ago....

Just a bunch of friends going to a White Trash Party (think about it...we live in PROVO)

Two weeks later (he was so hot in his white trash get-up, can you blame me?)....Okay, really those pictures were taken about a month apart, but we only actually DATED for about two weeks-ridiculous I know. I'm sure my parents were freaking out-sorry about that mom. It's a good thing the first picture she saw of Zak wasn't the top one. Instead I think it was this....
I cropped the photo so that my mother wouldn't be shocked by the placement of Kerry's hand, but still I'm sure it was not a huge comfort.

Lest you think we are truly insane, it was a whole year of friendship that took us from this (can you stand the cheesiness?)...
to this....
I'm sure you're wondering--why all the history? Thought I'd give you a little background cause today is our anniversary! Hooray for Zak for putting up with me this long!!

We switch off planning anniversaries and this is Zak's year (if you don't do this, you should, makes it SO much easier!!). Usually he likes to surprise me, but seeing as I am extremely uncomfortable all the time and don't travel well, he asked me what my ideal anniversary trip would be. I told him that I wanted to go to a hotel that had 2 queen sized beds so that I could have one to myself. As you can imagine, that did not go over well, so instead we're keeping it low key and Zak's bringing home Indian take-out---romance abounds. If I'm lucky, I just might get another clean kitchen floor out of this.....

7 comments:

Kerry said...

Happy 4th Anniversary! Glad I could witness the unfolding of your love for one another! ; )
And for the record, my hand is not actually touching Zak's hiney. No worries, blogging world.

Amanda said...

Happy anniversary! I'm so amazed that you got engaged after two weeks. I hope one day we can get together so I can hear all the details!

Phil said...

Happy 4 years!

Estela said...

Happy 4yr Anniversary!!! It was only 2 weeks but when you know, YOU KNOW! Congrats!!

Jen and Reed said...

Well...you can ignore my previous email to you now. I now see why you had time on your hands on your anniversary. Way to go Zak...where's the romantic walk down the beach, the unforgettable kisses under the stars, the...well you get the idea? Beth had to go and ruin it all by being uncomfortably 8 months pregnant. Oh yeah...and there's not a beach in Arizona...sigh. Cute pictures by the way. You are so pretty Beth...and always have been. Congrats on your 4 glorious, successful years together. You made one cute kid, you get along so well, everyone loves you both, and you're still going strong. Hey...post a picture of you now so I can see you pregnant, and don't cop out and refer me to the old ones with Jakson. I need the real deal.

The Askeroths said...

Great pictures. Especially the White Trash one. Maybe they've been there a while and I just haven't scrolled down far enough to see them, but I love the pictures on your side bar. That one with your boys and the tricycle is awesome.

Happy anniversary!

Audra Bollard said...

Does Zak pose for every picture? Just curious. I think your engagement picture is the only non-posing one I can recall. You must have very entertaining photo albums.

Happy Anniversary! He's worth his weight in gold just for the massage gift alone. (And he got a pretty great girl too :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails