Sunday, July 20, 2008

Only a Boy

I was reminded this week how different life is going to be with a girl. Jakson is completely, utterly, and decisively all boy--well, except for the strange habit that he has of prancing around and pointing his toes (I'm telling you, he is JUST like his dad!)I don't know if you can see Zak's toes in this picture very well, but they are, in fact, pointed. This blog is, if for nothing else, a great place to entertain others (and frankly myself) with embarrassing pictures of my husband-he allows himself to be photographed, so it's really his fault.

But I digress...boy incidents of the week:

  1. Every time we are getting into the car, I hit the garage door opener and Jakson pretends to lift it up-I think it's a result of watching the Incredibles one too many times. This gives me about 10 seconds to throw everything in the car. On Tuesday, as I was spending my 10 seconds getting things arranged, I suddenly heard a yell and looked up to find that Jakson was hanging off the garage door about 5 feet up with one hand while his sippy was clenched in a death grip with the other. C'mon-is the cup that important?!? My mother asked if I got a picture and while this would have been exciting to reenact for a photo op, I'm pretty sure it would count as child abuse. So no, mother, I did not get a picture. Use your imaginations....
  2. Zak had taken all of the outlet covers off in order to paint Jakson's room and then oddly, had left the cordless drill on the floor next to Jak's crib. When Jak was playing in his room on Wednesday (quietly, which should have cued me), I walked in to find him attempting to drill a hole in the wall. Nice. Later that day, we went to Target and invested in a battery operated plastic play drill-same noise, less damage.
  3. This reminds me of the disgusting habits of my brothers growing up (I'm sure they've grown out of them by now-well, I hope they have)....next he'll be peeing in the corner of the backyard cause he's having too much fun playing to bother coming inside (something else my brothers used to do-we would just avoid that corner of the backyard)
  4. You would think after last week that Zak would have learned his lesson about having Jakson "help", but apparently we're not smart people. At least this time he thought to strip Jak down. Here he is painting the room under the stairs-of course he had to taste the paint just to make sure it was the right color-no surprise, it made him gag. I scrubbed and scrubbed but wasn't able to get it all out of his hair, so he went to church today with blue highlights. I was asked several times if he had toothpaste in his hair....we must look like the most ridiculous parents.


5 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm dying over the garage door story!

Melissa said...

Oh Bethy, thanks for keeping us laughing.

Matt & Brooke said...

That's an awesome dirty dancing move by your hubby. You seriously have your hands full! Are you in town next week? I might be there? Let me know!!!

KatieB said...

hate to break it to you: girls do all that stuff too. you will get no rest with the next one.

Clyde J Criddle said...

Is that why grass wouldn't grow very well in the corner of the yard? I thought it was because it didn't get enough water...

I guess it was the wrong kind of water.

Related Posts with Thumbnails