Friday, July 25, 2008

New Life

Last week, I picked up three garbage bags full of baby girl clothes from someone on Freecycle. It was so fun to go through it all, take what I wanted and then pass it along. It went through two other friends and then I donated it back on Freecycle to a woman in need. Even then, there were still two garbage bags full of clothes left!! I was pretty picky when going through the clothes, so Zak was surprised to find that I had kept this dress:
But I had plans.... My friend Sabrina and I were discussing bird appliques yesterday and I thought the fabric of the dress had some potential, so I decided to put the two ideas together. Now the ruffly, old fashioned dress has a new life as a little skirt. Tweet, tweet!!

And speaking of birds, Grosgrain announced another giveaway today for the cutest Bird Seed Skirt!! Check it out and enter!

7 comments:

j&krosser said...

Beth you are too creative. Zak should have known that the dress would not stay the same once it hit your hands.--
--Jaden

Christina Joy said...

Oh man! When I saw the title of your post, I thought for sure you were introducing your new BABY! Any day now! Keep on a-truckin'!

Elizabeth said...

That is such a great idea! I'm going to use that one! I've got a couple old-fashioned dresses like that that were just given to me for Sadie. I can't bear to put them on her, and they could almost be used as dress-ups . . . but not quite so I just have had them hang in the closet. Now I know what I'll do with them! that is so cute!

Sabrina said...

I LOVE what you did with it Beth. Nice work!!!!! I went to Joanns to get stuff to applique and I came back with SEVEN new fabrics and stuff for more practice. Telling you I cannot keep focus! It is hillarious. I can't wait to show you what I am working on...I have one in mind that if it comes out well I am going to send a copy your way for your new baby:)

Kerry said...

I love this!! You're so talented and creative!
PS: The cruise was great!

Melissa said...

You are so awesome. I would never think about doing something like this! Super cute.

Melissa said...

That's really cute, Beth, kudoes to you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails