Monday, July 21, 2008

Last Leg

I'm on the home stretch (when I say stretch, I really mean it. I think if my belly stretches any more I might actually burst). I'm 3 1/2 weeks away from my due date and according to my doctor, will give birth anytime now. Better sooner than later. I realize that she'll be more noisy outside of my body than she is currently, but I think I'll figure out how to deal with it. Especially since I won't have to carry her around all the time. Someone else can take a turn. Less pain too-my everything hurts.... And I'm at that stage where I complain a lot (have you noticed?)-granted it's not without reason, but I'm sure Zak will be glad not to have to listen to me moan about my belly anymore.
Before Jakson was born, I was incredibly organized. I had his crib set up and the nursery painted and decorated 5 months before, all the supplies bought and placed in labeled bins at least 3 months before and a hospital bag packed at least one month before. Not so much this time. I don't know if it's because I assume once I go into labor I'll have at least 30 hours to get everything finished or if I am just the frazzled mom of a toddler, but I still have at least 10 items on my "to do before baby comes" list and many of them are not small projects (like paint the crib and set it up).
Maybe I still have so many things on my list because instead of getting the really essential things done, I end up spending my time making a shirt for Jakson.


Big Brother shirt for Jak-check. Too bad that one wasn't on my list.

BTW-I didn't use this tutorial when making this shirt, but if you are interested in making a shirt like Jakson's, here's a really great step by step tutorial for putting appliques on shirts and onesies.

9 comments:

Megan said...

I like the idea of popping that baby girl out any time now! Try to do in about two days...such as the 23rd. That would be possibly amazing and the best day ever!

Shenna said...

I hope you have the baby soon. Those last couple weeks just suck. Good luck, and make sure your Dr. doesn't leave anything that's not supposed to be there...

Christina Joy said...

I came across your site while coming across another site, while...anyway, love the Big Bro shirt! I'm due with #2 in Sept. and our little man is 17 mos. right now. I'm excited to read about your escapades with two little ones and can't wait to see your new little girl! Oh! and I'm originally from the Valley too. Tem-pe! Nice blog, and cheers!

Amanda said...

How exciting that you're getting so close. I'll be praying for you!

varenia said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! And Congrats on your impending arrival! My first was a boy, too, and I couldn't really fathom how my second, a little girl, would be compared to my beloved first born very MALE child, lol! She was so feminine, right from the first day, which is one of the things I remember most about her birth. What an exciting time for you! Now, after I've had 2 little girls in a row, I am expecting a little boy in October, and in the opposite dilemma, I can't seem to remember what having a newborn baby boy is like! Wishing you a blessed delivery :)

A Frugal Housewife - Jody said...

I'm sure you are ready to pop. Cute site and thanks for visiting ours.

j&krosser said...

YOu are going to have your baby before me. Lucky!!

KatieB said...

good luck on the home strech! don't worry, you'll get everything done that NEEDS to be done, the rest will take care of itself at some point.

Erin said...

ugh, the home stretch...the end is near, which rocks and all, but I VIVIDLY remember the pain of those last few weeks. I'm pausing right now to say a prayer.

Also...Ry will be three months old tomorrow and I still haven't made Hunt & CC "big bro" and "big sis" shirts, so you're way ahead of the game as far as lists go. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails