Thursday, July 17, 2008

Decisions

After reading all of your comments and realizing that you are probably right and the prints (though awesome) are probably a little too dark and gothic for the room, we've decided to go in a more "Vermillion" direction (for lack of a better term). Zak and I scoured all of our Shel Silverstein books and chose 3 poems with illustrations that we are going to enlarge and frame. It just seems to fit us and the theme of the room a little better. Right now the plan is to paint the frames red, but paint can always be repainted. I'm just afraid the white backgrounds with white frames would be a little blah. When it is done, I will take pictures. Now I just have to find the time to go to Kinko's without my normal tagalong.

I ordered this vinyl alphabet in white for the wall over the glider

I'm also tempted to get a few of these large vintage flashcards to put on the shelf above Jakson's crib. They are a little pricey and I'm not sure if they will really match, so I'm gonna hold off until we get the room more put together.
So there you have it, more than you ever wanted to know about how I'm decorating the kid room. Thanks for all the suggestions and opinions!!

And for those of you who have been following Grosgrain's dress giveaways, she has a new one posted for the Pinata Pinafore!!!
Maybe someday I will be able to sew like her....

9 comments:

Audra Bollard said...

love the alphabet!

Bridget said...

I think the red frames are going to look great!

KatieB said...

that is so copyright infringement, but i applaud your decision to even decorate! i've never completed a nursery...

bethany said...

yea i know-but I figured that no one would really care since i'm just putting it on my kids' wall....
i guess i could just tear the pages out of the book :)

Kerry said...

I'm a fan of the red frames on the light blue wall! I actually have a picture of a bedroom I'd like to recreate someday that has black and white bedding, a red bedframe, and blue walls. I think it will look great! ; )

The Ibarra's said...

Hey Zak and Beth we finally set up a blog and finally invited you guys to view it sorry it took us forever to invite. We are so excited for the baby to come. I think your ideas are great we are still working on Gavins room and he is now 17 months old.

Erin said...

that room is going to be AWESOME

i'm kelly said...

i love the alphabet. darling!

LaLa-Laura said...

Oh wow - I am such a HUGE fan of Shel Silverstein! What a cute idea!

Thanks for entering the stroller contest on my site!

Related Posts with Thumbnails