Thursday, June 12, 2008

When I get up off the couch.....

My energy level for the last six months has been in the range of negative 10-my mind comes up with all kinds of fun sewing projects that I want to finish before the baby comes (making a crib bumper, quilt, skirts, booties, dresses, etc), but I just can't make my body get off the couch to do them.

The iron supplements I've been taking are starting to kick in (the doctor finally figured out that I am "extremely anemic" among my other pregnancy issues) and so I have made the goal to finish one project a day, no matter how small. Always the ambitious one, I signed up to donate a shower gift to the Etsy baby shower (I figured it was the least I could do since vendors were being so generous to me). I finally finished the present-I hope she likes it. From what I gather from her blog/Etsy shop she seems funky/edgy, so I stayed away from the typical cars and cowboy type patterns.
Two burp cloths, a pair of booties, and an infant newsboy cap.


I've decided that my next project is going to be a little dress like this from Made By Rae:
I'm always amazed at the creativity of other people- this is an awesome pattern!! If I post in a public place that I'm going to finish something, I may actually do it.

**Reminder-two more days to sign up for the Super Easy Summer Reading Swap!!**

8 comments:

Browns said...

I totally agree with you about not having the energy/motivation to do projects. I did manage to catch up on Carter's scrapbook, but I have yet to make anything for my girl yet. I really like the dress pattern. I may have to make one!! Since I am sure my baby will be under 7 pounds...

Covey and Justin said...

UGH--Anemia is awful. I bled so much with Lydia I am still struggling. I am on 4 iron pills a day!! I hope you get it up soon. One thing that has helped me a ton is clorophyll tablets and alfalfa tablets. These are little gel caps that are green. Its basically the equivalent of eating 2 or 3 lbs of spinach everyday. I got them at the health food store. My midwife suggested them and I think they are helping a lot. The added bonus is that they help with the constipation the iron pills cause. MY doctor doesn't do the "herb" thing but said that they couldn't hurt me. You might want to check them out. Also, check out my blog for a review on the breast flow bottles. You might want to check out the store they came from--I can give you a coupon for 25% off. They have tons of cute stuff for Jackson's age and for a new baby.

Erin said...

PLEASE make and sell that dress in your etsy store so I can buy it, but wait...make one in a 4T and the other in a 3-6 months, ya...I mean I know you have all this time on your hands and all this energy, etc :)

stacy said...

hi beth, my name is stacy. i got your name to do the "my favorite things swap". i just wanted to say hi and tell you that i am way super excited to send you my fav things. a little about myself is...i am 26, married to my high school sweetheart, i live in ogden, utah. i have 3 beautiful kids. two boys- paxton is 5, wyatt is 3, and my baby girl (who isn't so much a baby anymore) is going to be one at the end of the month, her name is Kysa. that is so fun that you are expecting a girl. they are loads of fun. i am a girly girl myself so i have enjoyed her. i would love to hear back from you. you can check out my blog at stacyronnow.blogspot.com or email me at stacyronnow@comcast.net
can't wait to hear from you!
stacy

Browns said...

I did use the bias tape and the piping and it worked good. I think ric rac would be super cute too. I can't believe how easy it was ot make it. I know what you mean about cleaning. I should've probably done laundry this morning and the dishes but I was just excited to finally make something for the baby!

Clyde J Criddle said...

Hi Baffy - I enjoy your blog. I check it every day. Love you, DAD

+AM+ said...

wow beth! you get so many more comments than me! maybe i should take up sewing.....or get more married friends.

Bridget said...

I'm sure she's going to love them- that hat is just killing me it's so cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails