Thursday, June 19, 2008

She'll fit right in

I still haven't gotten around to making the Itty Bitty Baby Dress that I posted about the other day, but I have kept my goal of at least one project every day-they've just been orders for the shop so nothing exciting enough to write about.

Yesterday though, after reading this, I decided to join the ranks of the t-shirt reconstructionists (yes, I did just make that word up). I had this Dash shirt from a concert I went to a few years ago-it didn't fit me all that well then and it certainly won't fit now (it was a Youth size 10/12-what was I thinking?!?) I couldn't find a dress pattern online, so I was forced to improvise, but it turned out pretty much the way I imagined. I meant it to fit baby when she's about 12 months, but I made the arm holes a little big, so it may have to wait until 12-18 months with some leggings....

Here's the finished product on my ever (not-so) willing model-notice the edible bribe I had to give him. What you don't see is that I promised him if he sat and smiled nice, I'd also let him watch a movie. The things mothers resort to.

Doesn't really have the same effect on a boy does it? Almost looks better lying on the ground.
If anyone can figure out how to make this cute infant gown out of a tee, please please please pass the info along!!! I'm dying to make one (or two or three!), but not sure if I can figure out a pattern.

And if you're interested....Jakson is munching on this yummy summer treat: You can read more about it on the Make and Takes website.

5 comments:

West Family said...

okay, so you are pretty much amazing!!! It is so fun to see everything about your cute family!!! can't wait to see more!

Kerry said...

Adorable dress! I love it! And I love frozen grapes, so the suggestion to put them on a stick is genius! Thanks for sharing!

j&krosser said...

Way to keep up on craftiness. My horoscope (I read it while I waited for an oil change) said that I need to explore my artist side. I am going to count making up a sharing time. Lame-I know.

Wendy said...

I love the header on your blog! Soooo incredibly cute!

i'm kelly said...

i love it! it turned out sooo cute. you did a great job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails