Friday, June 06, 2008

Jaksonisms

Jakson definitely has personality. He is curious, inventive, silly, and very very stubborn. This makes for interesting days at our house. Here are some recent quirks:

  • During the 10 hour trip home from Utah, Jakson learned to say "Uh, oh". He said it over and over again for about 1/2 an hour. Then he started the same chanting with another new word, one that we're not so happy about because it sounded very much like a swear word that starts with "S" (Grandma? Grandpa? Where did he learn this word? I know it's not in Toy Story!!) Jakson doesn't say anything very clear, but for some reason this word was extremely enunciated-including the blend at the beginning and the consonant sound at the end. Hmmmm......

All that swearing tuckered the poor kid out.

  • My friend Mandy gave me some extremely comfortable gaucho pants (you know, the kind that were in style a couple of years ago?). Turns out they are fabulous maternity pants. As I was walking with Jak down the stairs yesterday, he kept pausing so that he could admiringly touch my pants. The look on his face told me that he was breaking the 10th commandment when it came to those pants.
  • I had to be on a heart monitor a couple of weeks ago due to complications that the doctor "thought" I "might" be having (a long story)-it was an extremely emotional day for me and as a result, at one point I was lying on the couch crying. Jakson suddenly disappeared and came back with about 1/4 of a square of toilet paper in his hand. He proceeded to wipe my eyes with it and then went to the kitchen to throw it away. I think it was the cutest moment ever. He'll make such a good husband :)
  • He continues to be very intense when it comes to his art. Zak was coloring with him the other day and apparently picked out the "wrong color" to draw with. He was promptly corrected by Jakson, who yanked the crayon away, placed it back in the box and handed him a different color.
  • Jakson loves nursery now (thank goodness) and is finally comfortable enough to not play "shy" the entire time. I wonder if his teachers miss the other, more reserved, Jakson. His teacher sent me this picture entitled "Maybe this is the way out"

6 comments:

Amanda said...

How precious that he brought you tissue and wiped your eyes! Sorry you had to go through that testing. I hope everything is okay now.

Cheryl said...

He is so cute! Got to love the stubborn streak in kids. With Addison I am hoping it will mean people won't walk all over her when she is older...

Vanessa said...

what a funny kid!! We both got a good laugh out of this post.

Vanessa said...

p.s. we were laughing at Jakson, not you-just to clarify:) I hope you and the new baby are doing great.

The Askeroths said...

What a cute boy! I laughed so hard about your "comfortable gaucho pants." I looooved the pair I had when I was pregnant. Yep, not the most flattering, but definitely comfortable.

FamilyKolbaba said...

PS, I bought those on accident....I was so confused why I had to buy an extra small just so they would stay on.......glad you're putting them to good use!

Related Posts with Thumbnails