Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Initiation Week

Monday: He was looking homeless. The haircut took 5 minutes (obvious by the quality). The tantrum, complete with red faced screaming and thrashing that probably made our neighbors think about calling CPS? 45 minutes. Maybe I should have left it a mullet....

Tuesday: As I walked down the hall past Jak's room during naptime, a terrible stench hit me. Inside I found a poop explosion. Not only did it erupt in a way that was just not natural, but was then smeared everywhere and smashed through the squares in the crib tent mesh so that it fell in little pieces all over the carpet (that was fun to clean up). To top it off, he peed through the slats all over the floor-a talent only a boy can possess.

Much to my mother's chagrin, I did NOT document this moment in photos. I don't have to scrapbook EVERYTHING.

Wednesday: This afternoon, Jakson and Zak were playing with a Rubix Cube, when suddenly Jakson decided he was finished with it. He threw it. Hard. The corner smacked me right in the eye.

I look like a battered woman. Beware the flying Rubix Cube.

Am I a "real" mom now?

If you haven't signed up for the Super Easy Summer Reading Swap yet, you're missing out!!

5 comments:

Audra Bollard said...

Funny for us to read. Horrible to be you. Why, why do they put us through these things?! I'm in awe about the haircut though--as a fellow mother of a haircut-phobic child that took some guts, or at least some serious arm muscles. Before I had Luke I used to look at kids with overgrown hair and just wonder, sheesh, why don't their parents go get them a haircut?! I'm being punished for my formerly judgmental self. You are being rewarded with a girl whose lovely locks you can just let grow and grow.

bethany said...

I have been thinking that the hair thing is definitely a positive with having a girl-I was tempted to start pinning Jakson's hair back with barrettes....

FamilyKolbaba said...

Wow, perhaps you should shave it all off......:) It's not that bad, he's only two and anyone with a crazy kid will understand why he might not have a perfect haircut. It sounds like he got you back the next day, though. Beware the wrath of Jakson.

Kerry said...

Oh, Beth! I'm so sorry. I do have to say that your post totally reinforces my desire to put off having babies for a long, long time. I'll just stick with my little shaggy puppy, her yippy little barks, and her stinky little poos for now.

Gina said...

Oh we've had our hair struggles too! The joys of boys!

Hey, didn't you make your dad some luggage tags? I was looking through your old posts and couldn't find where they were, I wanted to make some. Could you send me the link? Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails