Thursday, June 26, 2008

Finished

Due to our confinement to the house and the fact that Jak has been sleeping a lot (thank goodness for both of us because he spends all of his awake moments whining), I've been able to get a couple of things on my sewing list completed. I used this pattern (that I posted the other day) to make these two little beauties. I've never used piping before, but it was surprisingly simple. This one is the 1-3 month size. I made my own bias tape for the bottom (also very easy!).

This dress was made from a vintage tablecloth I picked up at Goodwill awhile ago. I substituted ric rac for the piping and then added a little above the bottom seam for fun. It is tiny! I made it with the newborn measurements.

I hope they will fit her!!

Oh yes, and BOTH of my fears were confirmed today when we visited the pediatrician. Jakson has Hand, Foot and Mouth disease AND an ear infection (his tube fell out). Looks like it's time to have another tube put in!! Now we are definitely quarantined!!

10 comments:

Zak said...

If I were an infant girl I would want to wear these dresses all the time!

Melissa said...

Super cute dresses! Aren't they so easy. I made one the other day for Carter's friend who will be two. I should post a pic...
I am so sad to hear that your boy is so sick. Seriously call me for anything!

Gina said...

Love the dresses, I want to make some, they are so darling and look pretty easy!
Hope Jakson feels better, that sounds terrible!

Shenna said...

You have to teach me how to sew. You keep saying it's so easy and your stuff is so cute - Alex is missing out cause I can't do it! :) And to answer your question, yes, we are done with swimming lessons. I hope Jakson gets better soon - that is not something fun to have!!

Cheryl said...

Brayden had HFM when he was little. He was not a happy boy for quite a while. His mouth sores made it so he wouldn't eat. Good luck. The dresses are so cute. If the pattern was bigger I would make one for my girls. They love summer dresses!

Sabrina said...

Those dresses are so cute. You did a great job. I printed off the pattern and want to give it a whirl soon. So sorry Jakson is sick, I will keep your sweet family in my prayers.

cece said...

Sorry your sweet boy is so sick! The dresses however are beautiful! Your quite talented!

Covey and Justin said...

If Jackson gets sores in his mouth that rinse they give you doesn't help much. The best thing to try is Cepacol losenges (they are by the halls cough drops in the store). They are pricey but they have numbing stuff in them and are awesome. I don't know if Jackson is old enough to just suck on one but if he crunches it, it will work too. When I had my tonsils out these were the only things that helped me at all! The orange flavor tastes the best. Good luck and I hope eveyone recovers quickly!!

The Askeroths said...

Zak's comment crack me up! Although I agree, if those dresses fit me, I'd wear them all the time too. Great job. Your baby girl will be the cutest, best dressed little girl. I love the fabrics you use. Not super ultra-girly, but still feminine and sweet.

Daena said...

Hey! Since the Made by Rae Itty Bitty Dress Pattern is out of commission right now, would you mind emailing me the pattern? I'd like to make a flower girl dress for my daughter and the wedding is in march! Thanks so much!

daeeyam@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails