Saturday, June 28, 2008

Fame


On my Top 100 Things Before I Die, I have listed "Try out for American Idol" (notice it does NOT say anything about becoming famous). Well, after this summer I can draw a big check next to that one because American Idol announced the audition cities this week and Phoenix is one of them! More specifically, the location of the preliminary auditions is 5 minutes from my house and 2 minutes from the hospital where I am to give birth. So despite the fact that auditions are exactly 2 weeks before my due date (believe me, I will be pushing and praying for a baby by then) and it will be three million degrees outside, I will be in line. Crazy, I know-but this is my last chance. After this year I will be too old and will have to erase it from my list without accomplishing it. I have no delusions about progressing past the first round-and I will not be dressing up as Elvis or anything, my big belly makes me a walking anomaly- I'm doing it just to say that I did it. Although I am still bitter about not making The Mickey Mouse Club seventeen years ago....

Any song suggestions? I asked Zak and he said "I'm too Sexy"-although it is incredibly fitting, I will not be asking for his opinion again.

13 comments:

Phil said...

Not terribly appropriate but the idea of a 8-9 month pregnant woman signing "I kissed a girl and I liked it" by Katy Perry makes me chuckle.

Jen and Reed said...

Way to go Bethany! Reed's 2 suggestions are "Turning Japanese" and "I'm On a Mexican Radio". Shoot for the stars and good luck! I'll be watching for you. The interesting part will be whether you make it onto the good auditions or the bad auditions list.

KatieB said...

i'll bet you get airtime with the whole "2 weeks before delivering last chance before too old thing!" good luck!

Michelle said...

Beth...I know I don't know you that well but you don't strike me as the american idol audition type...but i think its awesome! I'm sure you'll have many fans as you sing your heart out! Maybe that moment will put you into labor?!?! You should sing "hit me baby one more time" hahah! Good luck!

bethany said...

Michelle-I think it's a good thing that I don't strike you as the American Idol audition type-a lot of those people are really really strange....

Cheryl said...

How totally fun! I think you should totally do it!!!! I think you have a great voice. Good luck!

cece said...

I think you'll be great! I'm so excited for you! I think I would go with something traditional that really shows your voice off! Good Luck!

FamilyKolbaba said...

I know you very well and you seem EXACTLY like the type of person who would go to American Idol auditions. Exactly. And hooray for you, I say!

j&krosser said...

My vote is "oops I did it again". I've wanted to try out just to sing "cold hearted snake" to Paula.

Kerry said...

Good for you, Beth! And Zak's suggestion had me laughing out loud! Good one! Honestly, you could sing anything and it would be gorgeous! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Veronica said...

You will likely go into labor standing in line and then they will for SURE do a story on you! How cool would that be? You are crazy!

Audra Bollard said...

I'm thinking you need to break out that old Olivia Newton John CD . . .

stacy said...

good for you, you have some guts. there is no way that i would be that brave to go on tv 9 months prego. best of luck with it and i will be watching!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails