Saturday, June 21, 2008

Alterations

This dress has been bothering me for the past few days-it's gotten to the point where it even keeps me up at night (I know, ridiculous). The arm holes were too big, it didn't hang the way I wanted it to, and something seemed to be missing-it was almost too boyish (this coming from ME the queen of unpink!!). I was sad because I love Dashboard so much and didn't want a perfectly good shirt to go to waste, but I just didn't think I could dress a little girl in it as is.
At Joann's today, inspiration hit-probably because I wasn't listening to a little boy scream the whole time-inspiration is a little easier to come by without all that extra noise. LACE!! The girliest of all girly things!
I came home, got the dress out of the box I'd hidden it in (my attempt to keep it from haunting me), decided to take it in about 3 inches on the sides, which fixed the arm hole problem, added a little lace and VOILA! PERFECT!! I think it may be my favorite project yet!
And it's so much cuter in real life....

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

you're funny. Hope you can get some sleep now:)

Melissa said...

I love the lace. A great touch!

Kerry said...

I love it even more! And it's pretty darn cute in the picture!

Sabrina said...

I LOVE it with the lace. It is perfect. I have thought of you a lot lately because I have been feeling crafty and decided to take up sewing. My mother-in-law is giving me a machine and teaching me the basics over the 4th. I am pumped. Got any beginners advice? Also, I tagged you on the last post if you are into that sort of thing...

i'm kelly said...

i love the trim you added!

stacy said...

love love love the dress. what a fantastic idea!

The Askeroths said...

Tom's got a Weezer shirt that would look great with some lace. I'm pretty sure his heart would burst with pride to see Cali wearing it as a dress :) Thanks for the idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails