Sunday, May 11, 2008

Menu Plan Monday-May 12


So, the Pioneer Woman had a contest last week to win a Kitchenaid (FYI-I did not enter-I own a beautiful RED Kitchenaid compliments of my MIL) and in order to enter you had to submit your favorite recipe. Consequently, there are over 5,000 recipes as comments on the contest post. I spent a few minutes scrolling through the first 100 or so and some of them sound DELICIOUS!! So, I thought I'd pass the link along in case you are looking for a tried and tested yummy something to eat.

5,000 RECIPES

And here's my menu-on most of the links you will have to scroll down in order to see the recipe.

Monday: Fettucini Alfredo and Zucchini
Tuesday: Roast Sticky Chicken
Wednesday: Pappadeaux Fondeaux-this is my FAVORITE FOOD IN THE WHOLE WORLD and I can't afford to pay for it at the restaurant all the time, so I'm attempting it at home. I'm substituting chicken for all of the shellfish because Zak is allergic...and he was nice to me for Mother's Day so I don't want to kill him off.
Thursday: Sandwiches and chips
Friday: Hamburgers
Saturday: Butter chicken-didn't get to this one last week
Sunday: Lettuce wraps-using pork instead of chicken (see below for recipe). This is a recipe included in the first 100 or so comments of the Kitchenaid contest.

Lettuce Wraps
1 1/4 LB Chicken Breast, cut into small pieces
Salt and coarse black pepper
2 Inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
4 large garlic cloves peeled and miced
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes crushed
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 TBSP honey
1 head of iceburg lettuce

Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add vegetable oil. It should smoke up a bit. Add chicken and season with a little salt and lots of black pepper. Cook chicken for few minutes then add ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Remove the pan from heat when chicken is done. In a separate bowl mix honey and soy sauce together. Pour honey and soy sauce glaze over chicken. Serve chicken mixture in lettuce leaves.

2 comments:

beth said...

Thanks for the link. Looks like some really interesting recipies.

MP said...

Those lettuce wraps sound amazing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails