Monday, May 19, 2008

First Day

Jakson's first day of gymnastics was today! I was a little worried that he would cling to me the whole time (this is typical Jakson behavior at most activities that involve kids he doesn't know) but after the first five minutes he turned into Mr. Acrobat. He hung on the bars, did a pencil roll down the wedge mat, tried a somersault, jumped on the trampoline....15 minutes into the class his face was bright red from all the exertion. It was fun to see him so excited about something. This may be one of the best investments we've ever made, right behind a portable DVD player.

I still haven't quite figured out the "kids at play" setting on my camera, but here are some very amateur pics from the class.


6 comments:

Sabrina said...

How fun! I am thrilled that he loves it as much as you hoped. What a great setting that you can set him in and let his adventerous side run free!

Browns said...

I am so glad he likes it and gets some energy out at the same time! Where is this at and how much is it? Carter needs something like this too!

j&krosser said...

That looks like the perfect activity for him. I wish we had something like that up here.

Covey and Justin said...

Where is he taking classes? I would love to let Elijah do something like that!

+AM+ said...

just think... had you lived in 1840, you wouldn't ever have had to pay someone to let your son jump off barrels and logs.

maybe that's why everyone has ADHD now.

Matt & Brooke said...

He looks soooo grown up! I love his blond long hair!

Related Posts with Thumbnails