Thursday, April 17, 2008

Only my kid

Lately Jakson's favorite game is "hide the stuffed animal/football he insisted on taking to bed/sippy cup, etc. underneath the fitted sheet". When I come to get him after nap or in the morning, he is often surrounded by these mysterious lumps that turn out to be his treasured belongings. I thought that was strange...until last night.

We were just about to go to bed when we heard blood curdling screams coming from his bedroom. I went in and at first couldn't see where he had gone. I knew he had been laid in his crib and due to the cage-like nature of the crib tent, was pretty sure he had not been able to get out. After closer examination I realized that there was a lump of very large proportions in the middle of the mattress. Apparently he had lifted up the tight fitted sheet and had somehow wriggled himself inside. Once underneath, he must have found that it was very restricting and wanted out but finding himself stuck, he began screaming at which point I entered, saving the day.

What did he learn from this incident? Apparently, nothing as this morning a similar situation played out leaving me with the feeling that he may not be the sharpest tool in the shed. :)

2 comments:

Audra Bollard said...

Wow. I'm amazed. It would take some serious work to get the sheet out from under the mattress and squeeze your whole body under. How long do you think he was under there?

Melissa said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Hi-larious.

Related Posts with Thumbnails